Musical Theatre Songs for a 12 Year old

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Musical Theatre Songs for a 12 Year old

Post by Livvyvicky »

Hi all

Any ideas for an audition song for my dd, its a funny age not a little girl any more but not quite a teenager (13 at end of Feb). We will need to use it for auditions mainly - any help gratefully received ](*,) ](*,) :D :D

Thank you
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Re: Musical Theatre Songs for a 12 Year old

Post by bruno2 »

I think Disney Songs are lovely for this age, "Colours of The Wind, Part of Your World", Beauty and The Beasty, Candle on the Water" and the list goes on and on. Good luck :lol:
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

Flo has included 'Falling Slowly' from Once in her repertoire. It's a bit different and might not provide the range etc that you want for an audition song. But she enjoys singing it as part of her set list.

Good luck in your search. As bruno2 says, there's lots to choose from - we'd love to know what she decides to use.

Deb x
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

My DS and female singing partner are singing Falling Slowly as a duet, I love that show ( and the film)

I think anything sung by Christine from phantom for O :D
Esp All I Ask of You
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
emi's mum
BAFTA Award

Post by emi's mum »

DD is just learning I Know Things Now from Into The Woods. It's different (well it's Sondheim) but different is good. Also New Philosophy from You're A Good Man Charlie Brown is a good one. Both are usually adult roles playing children so it translates well for any age I think.
Good luck in your search.
(ps.....booking our tickets tomorrow for T'Wells)
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Hi All

Sorry for tardy reply, thank you so much for all of your suggestions.

Bruno2 - love Disney and I feel a film fest coming on !

RDF - knew I could rely on you, but very jealous of T's singing partner

Flosmom - love falling slowly, excellent idea , listening to it now and think it has to go in Livs repertoire even if we don't use it for auditions.

emi'smum - Liv has been little red riding hood so knows "I know things now", and I agree different is good! Looking forward to seeing you next week, how lovely that you are coming !

Once again thank you- I have made a list - will let you know what we choose :shock: