AFA Management

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

tekobeko2
Nominee

AFA Management

Post by tekobeko2 »

Hey guys :)

I was wondering if any of you guys have had any experience with the agency AFA Management?
I have been researching them, they seem to be a fairly new company but do receive a fair amount of castings. Also, they don't require you to join Spotlight, but they offer another service for free, called Casting Networks
They also don't charge a fee which is fairly surprising!

What do you think?
emi's mum
BAFTA Award

Re: AFA Management

Post by emi's mum »

Not heard of this one. I would say that most agents use CN as well as spotlight as only a small number of casting directors use CN. It is becoming more used by them but the majority of the work is via spotlight.
I agree though that you should not pay a fee to any agent regardless of how they find their work. Spotlight is £90 annually and well worth the investment as well as good photos.
Hope this helps.
tekobeko2
Nominee

Post by tekobeko2 »

Aha thanks, I was just wondering if it was 'too good to be true' haha
lollypop
GRAMMY Award

Post by lollypop »

I don't know the agency, but we registered by accident with CN a few months ago when we went to a casting. I thought it was just a very whizzy signing in system when they gave me a half completed iPad page, but when I got home there was a "welcome to CN" email. Anyway, there have been very very few roles for DS's age come up on it since then, but it could grow if CDs sign up to it. I think, and I may well be completely wrong, that it might be bigger in the US?
lollypop
GRAMMY Award

Post by lollypop »

Ps - I don't think CN is free, I think you have to upgrade to a premium membership or pay each time if you want to apply for a role.
tekobeko2
Nominee

Post by tekobeko2 »

Oh okay. I have heard that you have to pay, but this agency has already paid for all of their actors to use it, free of charge. Which is great I guess haha. Yeah, I think it's a growing casting site, doesn't seen too bad though.
emi's mum
BAFTA Award

Post by emi's mum »

The agent doesn't pay!! It's a free service to agents and their clients. The service to casting directors allows them
to check in actors using an iPad and hence their details will be logged. It's designed to make it easier for the cd to run a casting throughout the process right from setting out the brief through agents suggestions and actual casting and recalls.
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

When my dd joined her current agency she was asked to fill out the details on CN, however to update or add photos it costs a fortune, my dds photo is from her sisters wedding which was 2 1/2 years ago so she's not likely to get anything through them if they are wanting someone who looks 10!
tekobeko2
Nominee

Post by tekobeko2 »

Oh right, aha! Well I'm joining CNI and Spotlight also. I've never been with an agency, but I was wondering are there a lot of opportunities on spotlight? Many thanks :)
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

Spotlight is the main casting directory used by CDs/Producers/Directors and agencies.

If you are a young actor (i.e. not in the adult performers section) then your agent will deal with everything. As an adult you do now get to see some of the casting briefs (but most of them will only be available to agents). If you have an agent it is still best to let them submit you.

You will not be able to join Spotlight as a young (non-adult) performer without agency representation. You have to fulfill the requirements to join Spotlight as an adult (accredited training or a certain number of paid, professional engagements) - though if you have these entry requirements you can have an entry in Spotlight without agency representation.

There's quite a lot of useful information on the Spotlight website.