Moderator: busybusybusy

Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Looking for advanced Musical Theatre sessions

Post by Livy2 »

DD currently does the following activities every week:

Tue – 2 hrs contemporary dance – County level
Wed – 1 hr ballet and pointe work – Grade 6
Thurs – 2 hrs Youth Drama Group at RADA (agent)
Sat – 90 mins Drama at Guildhall (AM) and 3 hrs Drama/Singing/Dance (PM) (agent)
Sun – 2 hrs local Youth Drama Group (am dram)

In addition she is doing GCSE Music and Drama at School, and last year took GCSE Dance after school for 2 terms and got Grade A.

She is usually also involved in at least one or more school, am dram, dance, drama production and rehearsals every term. She has been in our local panto and Easter productions on and off since she was 9 so has plenty of local experience and has been in performances at the National Theatre and other London events as well.

My reason for posting is that we feel she’s not being stretched in her 3 hour drama school sessions but they are her agents. They don’t mind if she drops the Saturday classes as she will stay with the Thursday group but we are looking for a Musical Theatre training aimed at a high level for 15 – 17 years in London or north of London so if anyone has any recommendations or advice, very gratefully received. :) :)

I have looked at quite a few but it's really in case there are others out there that I haven't found yet.
begolina
BAFTA Award

Re: Looking for advanced Musical Theatre sessions

Post by begolina »

I highly recommend Act Now Entertainment. I am not sure what they are doing at the moment because dc where budy this term with Emil and the Detectives. They do amazing productions with very talented teens. You can only learn a lot. They usually do rehearsals on the Sunday at Isleworth. I am sure other NAPM can tell you how does it works and what they are up to.
emi's mum
BAFTA Award

Post by emi's mum »

Try West End Masterclass run by Michael Xavier. They have guest teachers from the industry such as Maria Freidman and Kerry Ellis.....they don't really come better than that! It's on a Sunday in Islington.
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livy2 »

Hi,

I have found a saturday class at CSSD and a Monday class at Mountview. Does anyone go to these sessions? Still desperately looking for Musical Theatre training at a high level for a 16 year old (but part-time as she'll be doing A Levels - fingers x'd). :oops:

Says she's definitely wants to give up her saturday drama school at the end of this term as it's (a) show term and (b) her actual birthday so she wants to leave on a high. I don't blame her but I'm worried she will now have a break in Musical Theatre while we try and find another class so any more suggestions gratefully received. 8-[