International licences

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

lollypop
GRAMMY Award

International licences

Post by lollypop »

Hello - does anyone have any experience of international licences? I heard they are easier/ quicker than normal licences??? Thanks
Trundlemum
BRIT Award

Re: International licences

Post by Trundlemum »

I'm not sure of all the ins and outs exactly, but my son shot a commercial in Portugal earlier in the year and the paperwork all seemed very straight forward but a hearing had to take place in Cardiff to allow him to leave the country to work. Perhaps someone else knows more details than me regarding the hearing.
daisyjane
GRAMMY Award

Post by daisyjane »

DD had to have an international licence for China and Jakarta this summer and there was nothing too worrying about the paperwork. Mind you the production company and her agent were the ones doing the real work and submitting the documents - we just had to fill it all in and return. I wouldn't have thought that you would be expected to do anything else. Good luck!
lollypop
GRAMMY Award

Post by lollypop »

Thanks . Agent is sorting paperwork but I was wondering how long it all takes? Do I have to go to court?? So it's not the council at all?just when you think you have it sussed!!
Panda
GRAMMY Award

Post by Panda »

Hmm, think it depends where you live and who is processing the licence. My DS lost a £10,000 buyout EA sports commercial because we couldn't licence in time ](*,) Our local police didn't have a clue what they were supposed to do with form so it wasn't sorted in time. Hope it is being processed by one of those in the know then you should be fine!
Gatesheadangel
GRAMMY Award

Post by Gatesheadangel »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I was wondering why you were off abroad and was looking forward to an exciting announcement.

I can't believe you lost something so good because of paperwork.....
lollypop
GRAMMY Award

Post by lollypop »

Hi all, incase it's useful for others in future - the licence came through really quickly. Only thing I had to do was a doctors certificate - the new self certification forms are for the uk only.

We fly on Tuesday - going to be a fun shoot somewhere sunny! Will share when I can

Have s lovely weekend x
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

Hi
I've tried to look for information on International Licences online and can't find anything at all.
Does a person only need an international licence if they would need one in the UK?
What I mean is, does a 17yr old need an international licence? They don't in the UK but I wanted to check if working abroad would be the same.
Thanks for any help.
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

Great you got it sorted. We have had a few international licences and I have had to go into court at Bow Street and swear on a bible that I will bring them back haha ;) Seems bizzarely archaic really. Like Panda, our police had no idea at all what to do with this and about 3 months after our first job abroad I got the application back from the young offenders section!