National Youth Ballet

Moderator: busybusybusy

onawhim
Nominee

National Youth Ballet

Post by onawhim »

Does anyone have experience of the National Youth Ballet? For boys? For young girls?
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Re: National Youth Ballet

Post by Hecouldshine »

You may have more luck posting on the balletco forum onawhim. I'm linking to a recent thread but you can search for others or start your own.

http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php? ... +%2Bballet
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
woody
BRIT Award

Post by woody »

Extremely high standard and particularly difficult to get into for girls, I believe they have already held the auditions for 2016 season though.
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

First round auditions start in January 2016 for the 2016 season. There are several venues/dates for the first round. If successful you are invited to a final audition, which can last from a couple of hours to all day - depending how many parts/roles your DC might be suitable for and when and if they are successful. DD has several friends that have done this and found it a very worthwhile experience. During the actual rehearsal period, which takes the form almost of a summer school - time is not wasted as if they are not actually in a rehearsal they take dance classes so they are kept busy. I echo the advice to look at the other forum where you will find several threads on NYB and be able to get a lot more information.
Ms Sunshine
Nominee

Post by Ms Sunshine »

My 9 year old girl is all packed and ready for the 2017 season. She is very excited. It starts Monday 14th August. 10 day residential then into theatre in Birmingham. They then get to perform on Sadler Wells theatre in London. Tickets are on sale now for the performances. x