RBAPA Agency

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Re: RBAPA Agency

Post by Ditzi »

I must admit I agree with pg. It would not be an agency I'd go with! This is my gut instinct talking.
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

Received this email today from Dorinda, who runs RBAPA agency.
Just to clarify, I didn't bite into it, but thought I'd make people aware!

Hi,

Hope you get this on time, I made a trip to Manila, Philippines,and had my bag stolen from me with my wallet, cellphone and credit cards in it. luckily for me i still have my passport with me, I just have to pay for a ticket and settle Hotel bills. Unfortunately for me, I can't have access to funds without my credit card, I've made contact with my bank but they need more time to come up with a new one. I was thinking of asking you to lend me some quick funds that I can give back as soon as I get back tomorrow. I really need to be on the next available flight.

I can forward you details on how you can get the funds to me through western union transfer. You can reach me via email, Let me know if you can be of any help.

Thank you.

Dorinda

01189 868965

Royal Berkshire Academy of Performing Arts
7 to 16yrs
For the more dedicated performer
http://www.royalberkshireacademy.co.uk
d.palikeras111@live.com
[-X {evil}
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

That looks like a hacked email account Ditzi.

This is a very common internet scam.

She probably doesn't know these emails are going out - I don't suppose she IS actually abroad is she? I would always tend to assume a hacked email account if I got something like this.

Are you alerting people to the possibility of a scam inadvertently coming from her account? Have you let her know?

http://elliott.org/blog/consumer-alert- ... don-today/
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

Thanks for clarifying that pg, I read the email and thought "scam"! I think you're right, I will let her know. ](*,)
irrelevant
BRIT Award

Post by irrelevant »

This reads exactly like a typical email scam ... see the examples at e.g. -

http://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.nsf/w ... March-2012
https://plus.google.com/100605130871709 ... gvh1H7pS8p
http://daddybydefault.com/email-scams-a ... void-them/

The clue that shouts so loud is asking for funds via Western Union.... plus it quotes a random email address that isn't their normal one.

The footer, and it being sent to a known contact, makes me think they might have security issues with their webmail...

(Edit: forgot to submit this and came back to find pg had replied in the meantime.. still posting it for the links.)
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

Message for pcm

I have responded to your pm, but it hasn't yet gone from my outbox.

Are you having trouble retrieving it?
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

I was reading this and realised I'd confused BARTA (Berkshire ARTs Academy) and RBAPA - thought I'd mention it in case anyone else has made the same mistake.
sophiesocks
OSCAR Award

Post by sophiesocks »

Barta is entirely different! My ds goes and loves it!
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

My DD's agent knows nothing about the job either, the only similar one is that by KM Casting and that's for over 16's. My application on Kids CCP was viewed but because my DD has an agent I doubt we'll hear anything. I get the feeling this is an agency looking fro new clients.
J-G
BRIT Award

Post by J-G »

RBapa Casting are on kidsccp stating they are looking for children for a well known director who is doing a short film. I wonder if the same. Are inviting children to workshops. I am checking with DD's agent!
Fishcake
Nominee

Post by Fishcake »

We've been invited for an audition for a short film this Sunday. Not sure it sound legitimate tbh. Any more info would be very much appreciated. X
Julie
BRIT Award

Post by Julie »

DD has audition too. Have done some digging on google and found out the following...
Faraone (supposed short film title) is also the surname of a Disney acting coach and recently turned director, She is in the UK doing a sitcom workshop Aug 6/7th. Filming is supposedly the following week.
Some of the characters are slightly different on Starnow compared to kccp although kccp also states looking for 'extra' featured roles.
Asked agent, this is not on spotlight
The casting people are also running a free workshop directly after auditions at the same location, regarding breaking into the US market and visa's etc
'Connect your talent' also have an accent workshop in same location 10.30-12.30

Genuine casting or attempt to get people to stay to the free (possibly sales pitch??) session ??

Anyone else found more info?
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

My DD has also been asked along on Sunday - says it will be after 2.00pm but no time slot yet. I asked her agent to check it out and also a CD as my DD has one to one sessions with her. Told to be careful as CD is currently working on a programme with Disney and they know nothing about this. :-s I may contact Rbapa direct and ask them.
Last edited by lyndahill on Mon May 23, 2016 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mamadetres
GRAMMY Award

Post by Mamadetres »

We also the invite for Sunday - think we will skip it as it is not sounding 100% genuine [-X
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

I think it is a genuine post with a genuine project as it's on several casting websites just not sure if Sunday's workshop will be a genuine casting workshop for this project. I emailed Kids CCP to ask them to look in to and they are doing so.