RBAPA Agency

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Re: RBAPA Agency

Post by ACookie »

My daughter also has a 'initial casting ' for this on Sunday and have not heard anything regarding specific times yet either. Does anyone have any more information. We are in London for something else that day so it was just handy it actually fitted in and we didn't need to make.a specific trip, but don't want to waste our time.
I looked back at the initial email and now you 'cannot contact the sender' which makes it looks suspicious?
Julie
BRIT Award

Post by Julie »

I think as kccp are investigating I suspect they have suspended rbapa account out of caution, especially after the recent fake casting for exon/mobile.
Hopefully it will be sorted before Sunday
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

I've just emailed Rbapa agency directly requesting further confirmation from them about the casting as well - their website does mention her as being here in July for workshops. Hopefully I'll hear something directly as well.
Julie
BRIT Award

Post by Julie »

Wendy faraone has posted on Twitter that she is only in the uk to teach, and she is not casting anything
Interesting!
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

Don't think we'll be going then!!
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

Well I have just had an email from Rbapa saying it is a genuine project, and people should have had audition details through KCCP. We haven't so I have asked for them now. I did mention that Wendy Faraone has tweeted she is only teaching though and it was obviously causing confusion! I shall wait and see what next?
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

Glad that I contacted Kids CCP - just got an email from them saying that the employer is real but due to misleading info, the time slots on Sunday are for a Workshop and not a casting, Kids CCP have archived the account. Apparently Kids CCP have contacted the venue that the workshop was to be at and they have no booking in that name and the studio is in fact closed on Sunday at that time!- they feel that if you travel to London you could be going to a visa workshop that is advertised on their noticeboard with the same times (Connect Your Talent).
Last edited by lyndahill on Fri May 20, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

I have now had confirmation from the venue the Rbapa do have a booking from 2-4pm and the agency have also sent me material for children to prepare. They have said they are auditioning here and in US. It looks more like commercial material but it does actually look like it is happening. if you live locally it may be worth popping down. I am still suspicious regarding the Wendy Faraone link and I think that may be misleading, and they seem happy to acknowledge children who already have agents as well,.
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

ACookie wrote:I have now had confirmation from the venue the Rbapa do have a booking from 2-4pm and the agency have also sent me material for children to prepare. They have said they are auditioning here and in US. It looks more like commercial material but it does actually look like it is happening. if you live locally it may be worth popping down. I am still suspicious regarding the Wendy Faraone link and I think that may be misleading, and they seem happy to acknowledge children who already have agents as well,.
I think the booking at the venue is for Connect your Talent, which is linked to Rbapa. If you look back on other posts, it appears that the same lady that runs Rbapa is also linked to Connect your Talent. On that basis we 're not going as I have had constant emails in the past inviting my daughter to audition for Connect Your talent only to find that it's a training programme that they want you to buy in to that costs a minimum of £900.00. If you look on Wendy Faraone's web page she states that she will be teaching in the UK on the summer and if you want to get involved then you book through ---- Connect your Talent.
J-G
BRIT Award

Post by J-G »

Thanks for sharing.
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

Thanks for that, we don't live near enough to London to risk it just being a sales pitch. Regardless, the way the company have gone about this hasn't exactly left me with the opinion that they are very professional!
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

If anybody does go, would be interested to hear what the workshop was about?
Dodger'smum
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dodger'smum »

The more I hear about things like this, the more jittery I become about KidsCCP. Just a personal view.