Savoy Theatre- Stephen Mear & Nigel Lilley: Stagebox Open Audition Call

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

newgirl
GRAMMY Award

Re: Savoy Theatre- Stephen Mear & Nigel Lilley: Stagebox Open Audition Call

Post by newgirl »

Thanks jenni and co - I've signed up! Can't get my head around the 1000 bit but I'll worry about that if I need to! Hanging out on the savoy stage with talented professionals sounds good in itself
Mummyaud
BRIT Award

Post by Mummyaud »

Hi,
Are you given the dates of all the workshops well in advance? My daughters school holidays are not the same as state school holidays so she might not be free?
jenniecalum
Nominee

Post by jenniecalum »

Hi Mummyaud - yes, you do generally get the dates for the whole year once they have signed up so with the auditions being in July I would think you would know by end of July what the dates are for the whole of the next academic year.
isabelle73.dance
Nominee

Post by isabelle73.dance »

My DD joined the Elite Team and I cannot recommend it enough. The workshop audition day was the most incredible experience- my dd had never done anything before Stagebox. She was a dance champ but was completely new to auditioning and musical theatre at this level but they have been there to explain and help me every step. There are children at Stagebox who have done a lot of professional work but they are all so kind to each other and they are like one big family.

Within 6 months my dd was a different performer and she is so happy there. She reached West End finals and has just been cast in a UK tour- she never would have done this if i hadn’t found them. The elite team are trained by the most amazing people and it is a brilliant experience. I have constant support and for the money (she was at a general school before) it is unbeatable. I actually don’t know how they run! As a single mum I can honestly say this company is extraordinary and my dd is so happy! I can ring them morning, noon and night and they are there with any questions I have. Also re scholarships there are lots of my friends dds and ds with these in the team. If anyone wants to pm me happy to answer questions.
newgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by newgirl »

Has anyone had times for this yet?
Totallyclueless
GRAMMY Award

Post by Totallyclueless »

We received an email yesterday with times, I think they have different workshop slots throughout the day
Mamadetres
GRAMMY Award

Post by Mamadetres »

Wow this is costly just seen the fees be interested to know if anyone has actually gone onto greater things from doing this
newgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by newgirl »

yes got an audition time too

Hmm not sure about the fees either... lets see how the workshop goes
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

Got a time as well - how long are you thinking the workshop is for as my DD's time is quite late. I got the impression it would be a 2 hour workshop??
Victorious
Nominee

Post by Victorious »

It is a 2 hour session- we have decided to make the trip down as DD loved it so much last time.

The email says 2 hour session and they sign you in 30 mins before. When DD did it before was 2 hour workshop and really fab. They also give feedback which is rare and really helpful.
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

Yep, I see that now - it was just that I thought the recall evening session was from 6.00pm or 6.30pm and my DD's workshop slot goes in to that time.
newgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by newgirl »

Hi my dd did the first (youngest) session and got a letter saying decision by email so I'm relieved we don't have to wait around for a recall. Maybe the older ones will anyway, as less time to wait?

It was running late so maybe they have let it run late as not recalling today iyswim
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

They recalled yesterday and the children on recall stayed until 8.20pm. From that the kids will get an email with a straight yes or no - did your DD stay on, good luck if so.xx
Amandapanda
BRIT Award

Post by Amandapanda »

Lyndahill - were there any little ones in the recall do you know?
To be honest I wouldn't call it a workshop, just a paid audition based on what the kids had to do. What do others think?
bananabrain
Nominee

Post by bananabrain »

Yes, all ages at the recall. What a long day!!