Waste of Time

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

daisydoodle
BRIT Award

Waste of Time

Post by daisydoodle »

Just wanted somewhere to rant! My DD had a pre-cast workshop today where we had to travel over 1.5 hours to get to the venue. Once there the group of girls were split into height order and the tallest ones sent home without having a chance to audition. ](*,) Surely they could have pre-selected based on height as submitted by the agents rather than get everyone in a room after travelling for miles to get there to be told they were too tall. ARGHHHH. Its not like we've anything better to be doing with our time [-X
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Re: Waste of Time

Post by lyndahill »

Wow, I would be so cross. Might be something to rant at the agent with as surely they would have had the brief to include heights.
fartoomuchtodo
GRAMMY Award

Post by fartoomuchtodo »

That is really annoying - yes I'd be on to the agent - though I suspect they'll just say 'we weren't told ...' Chin up :)
daisydoodle
BRIT Award

Post by daisydoodle »

It's the first time this has happened in all the castings we've been too so not representative of normal experiences. Even if it's in and out in 5 mins but there's been the opportunity to perform it makes it more worthwhile somehow! Onwards and upwards :roll:
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

That's outrageous! You have every right to be cross. Xxx
littleric14
BRIT Award

Post by littleric14 »

That happen to us last week too ,we travelled 4hours at a cost of a lot for no reason.
emily'smum
BRIT Award

Post by emily'smum »

We were at a casting a week ago where the breakdown specified a particular hair colour and height for the one role.
However many of the other girls had very different colouring and two were really tall. It was really odd!

Really feel for all who have had such wasted journeys. Very frustrating!