Open casting for Fantastic Beasts Sequel

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

SamHelen
BRIT Award

Re: Open casting for Fantastic Beasts Sequel

Post by SamHelen »

Sounds really exciting! Decided to not apply as I look nothing like Zoe unfortunately. Looking at the Facebook post though there were so many people saying they were going to apply and they looked well into there late 20's so they must be getting so many emails right now. Probably why open calls are so rare because the amount of people that do submit without really reading the brief is insane. But nethertheless good luck to everyone who has applied would be such an amazing opportunity!
mamasavannah
Nominee

Post by mamasavannah »

Does anyone know if this is likely to go through agents as well, or should I submit DD for open casting? Don't want to miss out if her agent doesn't apply.
Julie
BRIT Award

Post by Julie »

Hi
Last time it never went through agents. I suspect if it was going to, that would have happened before the open call.
Good luck
loladd33
GRAMMY Award

Post by loladd33 »

Debating applying as DD isn't black, but does have dark hair and is th right age so unsure?
Lolalou
GRAMMY Award

Post by Lolalou »

loladd33 wrote:Debating applying as DD isn't black, but does have dark hair and is th right age so unsure?
For boys they're looking for young versions of Albus And Newt characters and for girls Leta. Jude Law/Eddie Redmayne/Zoe Kravitz - unless your daughter looks like Zoe I wouldn't bother. The CD has been inundated but a couple of people we know have been asked to self tape on the strength of their photos and they do look like these actors. They were contacted quite quickly after their email submission.
So many (clearly unsuitable) people on the Facebook page saying 'it's worth a try' or 'giving it a go' when they are far too old or clearly look nothing like the actors...Open calls are exciting but a level of realism needs to be applied too.
Good luck to all who apply.
loladd33
GRAMMY Award

Post by loladd33 »

Lolalou wrote:
loladd33 wrote:Debating applying as DD isn't black, but does have dark hair and is th right age so unsure?
For boys they're looking for young versions of Albus And Newt characters and for girls Leta. Jude Law/Eddie Redmayne/Zoe Kravitz - unless your daughter looks like Zoe I wouldn't bother. The CD has been inundated but a couple of people we know have been asked to self tape on the strength of their photos and they do look like these actors. They were contacted quite quickly after their email submission.
So many (clearly unsuitable) people on the Facebook page saying 'it's worth a try' or 'giving it a go' when they are far too old or clearly look nothing like the actors...Open calls are exciting but a level of realism needs to be applied too.
Thanks for advice, my dd does look quite a bit like Zoe, just with lighter skin. Would you say it was worth it?
newgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by newgirl »

Yes Lola - send her pic! Nothing to lose!
loladd33
GRAMMY Award

Post by loladd33 »

newgirl wrote:Yes Lola - send her pic! Nothing to lose!
Thank you NewGirl!
daisyjane
GRAMMY Award

Post by daisyjane »

I asked dd's agent the very same question and she said that it was completely legit as the casting specifically said that all ethnicities were welcome and that even if they reject for that role they may consider you for another role that hasn't been listed.
loladd33
GRAMMY Award

Post by loladd33 »

daisyjane wrote:I asked dd's agent the very same question and she said that it was completely legit as the casting specifically said that all ethnicities were welcome and that even if they reject for that role they may consider you for another role that hasn't been listed.
Great thanks! :D
loladd33
GRAMMY Award

Post by loladd33 »

Sent application and got a response straight away which is great! :D
Itsyazzy
BRIT Award

Post by Itsyazzy »

loladd33 wrote:Sent application and got a response straight away which is great! :D
Heyy,
Just wanted to ask what type of response was it? Was it the automatic reply or a different message?
Thanks. xx
loladd33
GRAMMY Award

Post by loladd33 »

Itsyazzy wrote:
loladd33 wrote:Sent application and got a response straight away which is great! :D
Heyy,
Just wanted to ask what type of response was it? Was it the automatic reply or a different message?
Thanks. xx
Hiya, it was an automatic response but I'm glad it was so quick as other people were saying there was a back log x
loladd33
GRAMMY Award

Post by loladd33 »

Lolalou wrote:
Hi lolalou,
Do you know how quickly people got responses if they liked the look of them? Thanks
Lolalou
GRAMMY Award

Post by Lolalou »

They got a response within two days