Best Scottish Agencies?

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

jamesy
Nominee

Best Scottish Agencies?

Post by jamesy »

Hiya

Wonder if anyone has any suggestions - We live in Glasgow, DD is 9 and has just started going to open auditions and castings. She would like to concentrate more on musical theatre and T.V/Film work, rather than commercials or modelling.

We have been signed up to Bizzykidz for a while now but it's not lead to anything. She has been submitted for a few things by them but it's never gone any further than that. (Anything she has done so far or any auditions she has gone to we have got ourselves through researching and applying for open castings.) To be honest, I just don't think Bizzykidz is worth it as they only ever concentrate on children who live in London. We have stated we were willing to travel for auditions and work, but its not made any difference.

So we are thinking of making a move and trying somewhere else - can anyone suggest any decent Scottish agencies? Would it be better to just focus on a local agency for local work, or should we stick with a London agency to get the wider exposure, even though the chances are it wont make a difference!

If anyone with any experience could advise I'd be really grateful - any Scottish children got good work from anywhere? Thanks x
38ta
GRAMMY Award

Re: Best Scottish Agencies?

Post by 38ta »

I can’t help with Scottish agencies but have you seen the open call for The Nativity- chance to perform at both Glasgow & Edinburgh? X
jamesy
Nominee

Post by jamesy »

Hiya - thanks for replying. Yes, we have seen the open call and have registered. Thanks though!xx :D
Panda
GRAMMY Award

Post by Panda »

Real People Casting would be the best ones to go for, if they like the look of your DD they will invite her in to a meeting they hold once a month.
MrBeansBear
Nominee

Post by MrBeansBear »

I'm also in Scotland looking for a good agency for my DD, I tried Real People Casting and we got an invite to one of their open days and the form letter indicated there would be a photo booth there and a £65 charge payable on the day. I know they get castings, but it seems a little like they just sign up everyone who applies, charges them and then that's it for the most people. Any thoughts on that. I admit, it puts up a few red flags for me.

Also, if anyone else knows a good agency for kids, I'd be interested in that as well.

Thanks!