Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Littleone
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Littleone »

Fantastic news Tiptaptoe =D> =D> =D>
Have a fab time celebrating and relaxing ! :D
Lakeviewp
GRAMMY Award

Post by Lakeviewp »

Fab news Tiptaptoe! =D> \:D/ \:D/
So relieved for you! I love hearing everyone’s news as it also gives reassurance to those still waiting xxx
Accommodation sorting is our new stress - but a nice one to have!
Last edited by Lakeviewp on Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Tiptaptoe wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:54 am Hi all,

Just thought I'd share some exciting news! Yesterday DD received the degree offer from Bird which we'd been agonisingly waiting for for months! Cannot believe how relieved and excited we are thank goodness! Wishing all of those still waiting to hear the best of luck and to keep hanging on in there. I know there were at least two offers on degree made yesterday as DDs friends also received one but she declined so hopefully there is more movement in the list!
Best of luck to all of you x
Congratulations to your DD and you for lasting through it
Tiptaptoe
Nominee

Post by Tiptaptoe »

Thank you everyone! We're trying to sort accommodation now she's hoping for a room share somewhere but they all seem full at the moment! Maybe the Avery hill halls it will have to be but shes not too keen on that hahah
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Tiptaptoe wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:47 am Thank you everyone! We're trying to sort accommodation now she's hoping for a room share somewhere but they all seem full at the moment! Maybe the Avery hill halls it will have to be but shes not too keen on that hahah
Get your DD onto the Registry Facebook page and the Freshers Facebook Group. There are still some people posting on their who are looking for room-mates / flatmates
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Tiptaptoe wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:54 am Hi all,

Just thought I'd share some exciting news! Yesterday DD received the degree offer from Bird which we'd been agonisingly waiting for for months! Cannot believe how relieved and excited we are thank goodness! Wishing all of those still waiting to hear the best of luck and to keep hanging on in there. I know there were at least two offers on degree made yesterday as DDs friends also received one but she declined so hopefully there is more movement in the list!
Best of luck to all of you x
Fantastic News!! Congratulations to your DD good luck on the accommodation hunt 🎉
Joshan18
Nominee

Post by Joshan18 »

Congratulations to your daughter Tiptaptoe! You must feel like you are floating on air at the moment! :D :D :D
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

Brilliant news xx and for those still waiting, hang in there and i am sure it will be good news too xx :D =D>
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Amazing news Tiptaptoe xx
icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Post by icantdance »

Fantastic news Tiptaptoe, you must be so relieved after the wait! Huge congratulations to your DD x
Rince
Nominee

Post by Rince »

Hi desperately looking for accommodation for Performers, anyone have any ideas?
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

Rince wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:00 pm Hi desperately looking for accommodation for Performers, anyone have any ideas?
Try asking of the Freshers Facebook page.
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Rince wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:00 pm Hi desperately looking for accommodation for Performers, anyone have any ideas?
Is your DC in the facebook private chat? I know people keep adding things in there as my daughter is in it but a few are struggling and are definitely now having to look further afield, quite a few seem to be living in Basildon. We were SO lucky with my DD, she is a pre-voc so found out early, we still struggled to find somewhere but 2 weeks after the list came out a landlord rang me back to say a room had come free in a house. So it is also worth leaving your details with people even if they say they are full as someone could maybe pull out if they are offered a degree elsewhere last minute.

As mentioned above too, details are put on the freshman page by the college so worth being on there too. I think accommodation was more stressful than the auditions!

Good luck xx
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Huge congratulations to those with offers, Tiptaptoe very excited for you, the relief must be overwhelming. Good luck with your search for accommodation, there are lots of people looking for house mates, freshers page is where it all happens xx
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

islandofsodor wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:57 pm Have Tring got their funding back after their admin error 3 years ago then? I know they were hoping too.
Sorry, know you posted this a couple of months ago. I've been out of the loop for a while (long story). My understanding is no, they haven't. Friend of DD's offerred an MT place there for September, but scholarship offered by school not large enough to send and told they didn't do dadas.

If this has been the situation for a few years now, maybe this is the last year affected. Might be useful for some people to know if this is the case.