Auditioning for 2024 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

MTEast
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2024 entry

Post by MTEast »

Ok, looks like she misinterpreted what was said and overreacted. Suspect she may still do October and just have another song up her sleeve. She just wants it done!
Sahara
BRIT Award

Post by Sahara »

MTEast wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:06 am It’s very quiet here! Not degree or diploma - BTECH here, but I thought I’d reply since you aren’t alone. My daughter has her heart absolutely set on Emil Dale, so we are trying to gently talk about the benefits of the other options too! She does Associates and part time at EDA so has fallen in love. She’s autistic so I think the familiarity is also a factor. She has an open day in 14th Oct at Arts1 in Milton Keynes to see if that is ‘on the list’ and auditions for EDA on 24th and Stageworks on 12th Nov.

We’ve decided to go early for a couple of reasons - I figure if they are cohort casting at EDA as per their policy, she’ll do better if they haven’t already offered a place to someone similar to her. She’s absolutely miserable at high school at the moment, so I think having an offer and something to look forward to will help massively. She’s going to have to live away from home at 16, so the longer we have to prepare and make concrete plans, the better!

I am terrified!

Songs and monologue all ready so it’s just waiting now…

Where is your DC thinking of applying?
Good luck to your DD for her auditions 🤞🤞. My DD is planning on auditioning for the usual suspects I think : GSA, Arts Ed, Mountview, Urdang. Possibly Central and RWCMD. And maybe a couple of others. She hasn’t applied anywhere yet though. We’re going to the Urdang Open Day tomorrow.
Lollipop1
Nominee

Post by Lollipop1 »

Hi all, can I jump on please? I’ve lurked in the back ground for years but we’re now at a point of DS applying for MT degree/diploma and it would be nice to have a support network!! We’ve already visited Urdang and GSA both of which he loved as expected, went to LIPA today and if I’m honest we were both really unimpressed :-/
We went to a cdmt conference earlier in the year which I can absolutely recommend
Lollipop1
Nominee

Post by Lollipop1 »

Lollipop1 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:08 pm Hi all, can I jump on please? I’ve lurked in the back ground for years but we’re now at a point of DS applying for MT degree/diploma and it would be nice to have a support network!! We’ve already visited Urdang and GSA both of which he loved as expected, went to LIPA today and if I’m honest we were both really unimpressed :-/
We went to a cdmt conference earlier in the year which I can absolutely recommend
His choices at the min are urdang, gsa, bird, and arts Ed, possibly performers (nothing like setting sights high 😬)
LizzyBee
BRIT Award

Post by LizzyBee »

If you’re anything like me, I admire the ambition to aim high but wish they would put on some safer bets too. Though performers takes in a large cohort so you might be ok there.

We were considering LIPA so interested to hear more about what your impressions were?
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

I believe Bird is also a large intake year though their reserve list is legendary. If you're on it it it could be as late as August or I've even known early Sept before finding out.

Might mean scrolling back a few pages looking for it, but someone once did a thread about how many available spaces at the colleges.

I also think LIPA MT is relatively new, set up in the past few years as they didn't used to do one. I *think* someone from one of the other colleges went to run it but I can't remember details.
Last edited by lawn on Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
MTEast
BRIT Award

Post by MTEast »

Good luck Lollipop1 and Sahara.

Frustrated here. H has had yet another asthma flare up which meant missing Emil Dale part time and her singing lesson there, and possibly tomorrow’s lesson. Not what we need with the big audition in 24th. She doesn’t want to postpone as she has fixated on this for months, so just wants it done. Fingers firstly crossed she is well soon.
MTEast
BRIT Award

Post by MTEast »

Boring update from us, but my real life friends don’t get it, so….

Went to Arts1 open day yesterday and LOVED it. I think hubby and I may prefer it to Emil Dale, but H still says EDA is her top choice. Auditions for that are 26th Oct.

So 24th EDA
26th Arts1
12th Nov Stageworks.

Hopefully, by mid December, we should know if she has a place at any of those. I suspect that if it’s a no from all, we may need to gently steer her in another direction, but I am hoping it won’t be. She is prepped and ready to go. Final singing lesson and audition prep 1:1 on Monday and Tuesday next week and then she has done all she can.

I am terrified as, at the moment, there is no plan B, so I would really, really like her to get a place somewhere. Staying at school 6th from just isn’t an option for mental health reasons and the local college is terrible - kiss any plan of decent training goodbye.

Can everyone cross their fingers for her please. For her to show of her best in auditions and for results to come quickly so the waiting is over….
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

Good luck to your dd, fingers crossed she gets in 🤞
Sahara
BRIT Award

Post by Sahara »

MTEast wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:03 am Boring update from us, but my real life friends don’t get it, so….

Went to Arts1 open day yesterday and LOVED it. I think hubby and I may prefer it to Emil Dale, but H still says EDA is her top choice. Auditions for that are 26th Oct.

So 24th EDA
26th Arts1
12th Nov Stageworks.

Hopefully, by mid December, we should know if she has a place at any of those. I suspect that if it’s a no from all, we may need to gently steer her in another direction, but I am hoping it won’t be. She is prepped and ready to go. Final singing lesson and audition prep 1:1 on Monday and Tuesday next week and then she has done all she can.

I am terrified as, at the moment, there is no plan B, so I would really, really like her to get a place somewhere. Staying at school 6th from just isn’t an option for mental health reasons and the local college is terrible - kiss any plan of decent training goodbye.

Can everyone cross their fingers for her please. For her to show of her best in auditions and for results to come quickly so the waiting is over….
Good luck to your DD. It sounds like she’s well prepared. 🤞🤞
38ta
GRAMMY Award

Post by 38ta »

Good luck to her @mteast

I also get the other people don’t get it thing and it’s nice to share your stresses sometimes.

My ds applying for acting and mt degrees- people are being supportive by saying oh he’ll do great and get in no problem etc but I think that adds to the pressure. People just don’t seem to understand how competitive it is and nothing can really be predicted. I also think with some early rounds still being on tape it might be that you don’t even get to the in the room stage. He’s picking places with smaller intakes and realises it might not go his way and he’ll need to do it all again.

Oh and to add to that stress dd is auditioning to get into btec courses at the same time 😂
MTEast
BRIT Award

Post by MTEast »

:-({|=
38ta wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:20 pm Good luck to her @mteast

I also get the other people don’t get it thing and it’s nice to share your stresses sometimes.

My ds applying for acting and mt degrees- people are being supportive by saying oh he’ll do great and get in no problem etc but I think that adds to the pressure. People just don’t seem to understand how competitive it is and nothing can really be predicted. I also think with some early rounds still being on tape it might be that you don’t even get to the in the room stage. He’s picking places with smaller intakes and realises it might not go his way and he’ll need to do it all again.

Oh and to add to that stress dd is auditioning to get into btec courses at the same time 😂
Thanks for the solidarity and well wishes everyone.

2 at once. Eek! That would send me mad with stress. I have one also applying for uni (science) and that’s bad enough. I feel like I can’t settle until they both have options and a plan for next year. Good luck to your ds and ds!
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

I'm a veteran of last year's thread (DS now at GSA doing BA Acting and very happy) but I wanted to hop onto this thread, firstly to wish all of you and your DC the very best for what can be an exciting, terrifying, painful and unpredictable journey, and secondly to say @MTEast that if your DD's applications don't come off, and you live anywhere near Cambridge, the performance school at Impington Village College is worth a look. The students can do BTEC performing arts alongside some IB options. Feel free to message me if you want to know any more.
MTEast
BRIT Award

Post by MTEast »

biscuitsneeded wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:48 pm I'm a veteran of last year's thread (DS now at GSA doing BA Acting and very happy) but I wanted to hop onto this thread, firstly to wish all of you and your DC the very best for what can be an exciting, terrifying, painful and unpredictable journey, and secondly to say @MTEast that if your DD's applications don't come off, and you live anywhere near Cambridge, the performance school at Impington Village College is worth a look. The students can do BTEC performing arts alongside some IB options. Feel free to message me if you want to know any more.
I will look this up, thank you. We are an hour from Cambridge…
MTEast
BRIT Award

Post by MTEast »

biscuitsneeded wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:48 pm I'm a veteran of last year's thread (DS now at GSA doing BA Acting and very happy) but I wanted to hop onto this thread, firstly to wish all of you and your DC the very best for what can be an exciting, terrifying, painful and unpredictable journey, and secondly to say @MTEast that if your DD's applications don't come off, and you live anywhere near Cambridge, the performance school at Impington Village College is worth a look. The students can do BTEC performing arts alongside some IB options. Feel free to message me if you want to know any more.
Ooo I think it’s a viable option transport wise, and they have host families! Will definitely consider this. Thank you.