Auditioning for 2024 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Hilltop
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2024 entry

Post by Hilltop »

lawn wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:47 pm
Hilltop wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:04 pm
lawn wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:26 pm By top up do you mean a masters after a degree elsewhere? Again I believe you would need to audition and be offered a place. Unless you mean something else?
Hi Lawn, yes I’m not totally sure, I think a masters could be included in this and yes, you’d have to re audition. I’ve heard of a few situations - someone we know did a 3 year MT diploma at Conti then went to LSMT for their one year course, my DD met someone else on the IAB summer school this year who had done the 2 year accelerated MT degree course at ICMT and then was looking at the masters at IAB for further training, I also read on this forum that someone had done a MT degree at Chichester (I think) and then did a one year MT course at Associated Studios…

Also I think some people convert their diplomas into degrees but that I think may be a separate thing to what I’m discussing as my understanding is that that can be done online (I think!) and is mostly to just get that degree rather than further training per se
Do you know what the reason was behind someone doing a 3yr diploma at Conti and then the LSMT 1 year course?. The person you're thinking of from this forum did 3year diploma at The Hammond. They did a year course at Associated studios because the pandemic had affected training. IIRC the college didn't make it clear how progression into yr2 worked and it wasn't feasible for student to continue beyond yr1. IAB attracts no student loans due to being located outside of the UK. My daughter did summer school there this year btw and enjoyed the experience.

You're aware that those mentioned all need private funding?
I'm not sure what made her decide to do the LSMT course, all I know is that she did the Conti diploma for 3 years at 16, then started the LSMT course a year after graduating. Obviously Conti is a brilliant drama school and there may well be a personal reason why she decided to do an extra year. I'm just using it as an example of someone we've heard do an extra year post finishing professional training. So I guess the best way would obviously be to do training at the best school you can get in to but there are courses out there (including masters) if you feel you need more training for whatever reason. Yes, I agree there are financial implications to all of this and absolutely, I am well aware of all the funding situations for all the schools my DD is applying to and as I went to university myself I'm also aware of the living costs, etc. Sadly I know IAB attracts no students loans, we've basically said to my DD that for any colleges that don't have student finance available we would need some sort of scholarship, so it's up to her if she wants to try and audition at these places or not bother. Sitges is such a lovely place and she had a wonderful time at the summer school there.
MTEast
BRIT Award

Post by MTEast »

No from EDA 6th form. She had a cry, but is better than I expected.

Arts1 results on Friday. I’ll cry if that’s a no!!
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

Sorry to hear it’s a no from EDA. It’s hard to see them disappointed, especially when they have their heart set on a particular college. I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and from what you said, it sounds to me like Arts1 is a better suited college for your dd, fingers crossed it’s a yes.
Sahara
BRIT Award

Post by Sahara »

MTEast wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:19 am No from EDA 6th form. She had a cry, but is better than I expected.

Sorry to hear that MTEast. Hope she bounces back quickly. Fingers crossed for Arts1. 🤞🤞
38ta
GRAMMY Award

Post by 38ta »

Sorry to hear that MTeast . Fingers crossed for Friday.
Hilltop
GRAMMY Award

Post by Hilltop »

MTEast wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:19 am No from EDA 6th form. She had a cry, but is better than I expected.

Sorry to hear that MTEast, I've heard it said on here and elsewhere that they all end up where they are meant to be
MTEast
BRIT Award

Post by MTEast »

Thanks all. I do feel that Arts1 would probably be a better fit for her and I agree that things happen for a reason. Keeping fingers crossed like mad for Friday!
MTEast
BRIT Award

Post by MTEast »

She got into Arts1!!!!! We all cried!
K8t
BRIT Award

Post by K8t »

MTEast wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:30 pm She got into Arts1!!!!! We all cried!
Fabulous! Congratulations.
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

Fantastic new MTEast. Congratulations to her. Everything happens for a reason.
Sahara
BRIT Award

Post by Sahara »

Great news! Congratulations to your DD. 👏👏
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

Congratulations! That's super news. Go celebrate! x
38ta
GRAMMY Award

Post by 38ta »

Happy Friday MYEast congratulations to your dd
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

That’s great news, congratulations! 🙌🙌
Hilltop
GRAMMY Award

Post by Hilltop »

Great news MTEast!