Auditioning for 2024 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

LizzyBee
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2024 entry

Post by LizzyBee »

Mixed bag so far, cut after morning at Arts Ed, thru to final round at Central; no recall from GSA (was recalled previous years); recall from rose bruford, second audition Lamda and waiting on first round decisions from a few more - this is a mix of straight acting and MT
38ta
GRAMMY Award

Post by 38ta »

@lizzy bee sounds like some real good results in there. Does she have a preference?
Do you mind me asking about central? Ds did his mid Jan and was recalled for mt and cdt but he’s not heard anything more. Knows of a couple of acting recalls and a cdt no someone got. He could technically be out of the running for cdt but ucas not yet updated as they are waiting for mt decisions.
LizzyBee
BRIT Award

Post by LizzyBee »

38ta wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:04 pm @lizzy bee sounds like some real good results in there. Does she have a preference?
Do you mind me asking about central? Ds did his mid Jan and was recalled for mt and cdt but he’s not heard anything more. Knows of a couple of acting recalls and a cdt no someone got. He could technically be out of the running for cdt but ucas not yet updated as they are waiting for mt decisions.
She’s recalled for final for CDT, but I’d wait and see what happens for your son. Doesn’t necessarily mean they’ve invited everyone yet. They’ve still got regional auditions to go. I know last year, finals were still happening in April! Though I know the waiting is torturous- we’re trying to not to think ahead too much (thus being the third year)!!
38ta
GRAMMY Award

Post by 38ta »

Thanks @lizzybee
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

When DD auditioned last year they started in mid Jan and apart from 2 which were automatic nos (1 that she'd considered a safe choice, the other she'd been offered foundation at the year before but turned down in favour of going somewhere else - so both these came as a shock) she got thru to 2nd/3rd/final rounds of all with the majority taking place in March/April and I *think* some even spilled into May. Certainly she got the offer she is at in June and was still under consideration/waiting to hear the outcome from 2 others then. She accepted her offer whilst she waited to hear which was the correct thing to do because she was then got rejections from the others.
Hope this helps with some of the timings, Good luck to all.
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

I am a firm believer that the right school will choose you. DD was in the audition process last year after foundation and had set her heart on Arts Ed. She was on the reserve and kept everything crossed that she’d get in. She had other offers that she declined and had pretty much made up her mind to audition again this year rather than give up the dream. She then got offered Urdang and decided to go for it and loves it. Given the choice again she’d choose the same path. Good luck to everyone auditioning this year. This website can be incredibly supportive for parents. Friends have no idea how stressful it all is. Timing for auditions is crucial as others have said. Top tip to anyone getting a recall at Mountview, choose the first date and if you can’t get that take a morning audition.
Sahara
BRIT Award

Post by Sahara »

oscar wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:00 pm I am a firm believer that the right school will choose you. DD was in the audition process last year after foundation and had set her heart on Arts Ed. She was on the reserve and kept everything crossed that she’d get in. She had other offers that she declined and had pretty much made up her mind to audition again this year rather than give up the dream. She then got offered Urdang and decided to go for it and loves it. Given the choice again she’d choose the same path. Good luck to everyone auditioning this year. This website can be incredibly supportive for parents. Friends have no idea how stressful it all is. Timing for auditions is crucial as others have said. Top tip to anyone getting a recall at Mountview, choose the first date and if you can’t get that take a morning audition.
Oscar, sent you a PM
Lollipop1
Nominee

Post by Lollipop1 »

Sorry for the radio silence!!

We have news, DS has a GSA recall 😃😃😃😃 submitted tapes end of December, it’s been a nerve wracking wait!!!! He’s got urdang, bird and performers auditions all this month, eeek!! No idea on gsa yet, just has a very excited full caps text 😂

His friend had her Urdang audition yesterday, I’ll share some inside info later 😆
38ta
GRAMMY Award

Post by 38ta »

Congratulations lollipop. I got the same news from my son today from GSA- a few of his friends did too. Just waiting for a date now!
Lollipop1
Nominee

Post by Lollipop1 »

Aaaahhh amazing, big well done to them! Is it the first bit of news for your DC too?
38ta
GRAMMY Award

Post by 38ta »

He did central a few week ago and got recalled for MT and CDT but then no final recall sadly!
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

Apologies for the radio silence from this end. My DC didn't make the cut for ArtsEd which they were disappointed with as thats where their brother went but this is their first year of auditioning and it took him a couple of attempts. RADA was also a no but that was kind of expected as we know they tend to like people with a little more life experience; still waiting from outcome of Mountview first round. Several self tapes submitted which we are awaiting the results of and Trinity and Central auditions booked. For those waiting on news from Central our first round auction isn't until mid March so........ DC seems very chilled with it all but i know deep down they would love to get in somewhere this year but they are very young for year and we know from experience how challenging it is. Fingers crossed to all those waiting on results.
Cam12345
BRIT Award

Post by Cam12345 »

Hi! Long time lurker and now my DD is finally at the stage of auditioning!
I am finding the process so stressful I don't know about her 🤣
It's the waiting that's the killer I think, 3 auditions (2 face to face and 1 self tape) down so far and a mix of results. No recall from GSA which she was gutted about, a degree offer from PPA and a foundation offer from Arts Ed.
She really found the self taping process hard and is now panicking about her other self tapes on the back on a no from GSA 😭
I hope everyone is going ok and looking after themselves throughout this process as it really takes its toll!
MelW
Nominee

Post by MelW »

Thought I'd jump on this thread as my DD is currently in the thick of it . So far went to Moutview for degree MT and got offered call back for acting BA instead , then had Bird audition this week and got offered degree. That was a really long day from 8am -6pm.
Still waiting on Italia conti self tapes result . Does anyone know how long they usually take as I'm more stressed than she is ?!?
Still got Wilkes , Performers and Urdang to do as well. Do feel relieved for her to have one in the bag though as this definitely takes the pressure off . Good luck to everyone x
LizzyBee
BRIT Award

Post by LizzyBee »

MelW wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:35 am Thought I'd jump on this thread as my DD is currently in the thick of it . So far went to Moutview for degree MT and got offered call back for acting BA instead , then had Bird audition this week and got offered degree. That was a really long day from 8am -6pm.
Still waiting on Italia conti self tapes result . Does anyone know how long they usually take as I'm more stressed than she is ?!?
Still got Wilkes , Performers and Urdang to do as well. Do feel relieved for her to have one in the bag though as this definitely takes the pressure off . Good luck to everyone x
Hi there, we’re waiting on first round Mountview MT, when did your DD audition and hear back if you don’t mind sharing? And yes, how great to have an offer in the bag!