Auditioning for 2024 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Cam12345
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2024 entry

Post by Cam12345 »

MelW wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:35 am Thought I'd jump on this thread as my DD is currently in the thick of it . So far went to Moutview for degree MT and got offered call back for acting BA instead , then had Bird audition this week and got offered degree. That was a really long day from 8am -6pm.
Still waiting on Italia conti self tapes result . Does anyone know how long they usually take as I'm more stressed than she is ?!?
Still got Wilkes , Performers and Urdang to do as well. Do feel relieved for her to have one in the bag though as this definitely takes the pressure off . Good luck to everyone x
I was going to ask the same question about Mountview MT, DD auditioned In January and hasn't heard but said she thought it might as late as March before hearing?
Well don't to your DD for the Bird offer and best of luck for all the other upcoming auditions!
We are also waiting on self tape no recall/recall from Conti which she sent in a few weeks ago. It was 6 weeks before she heard back from GSA so thinking it might be the same
Totally agree I'm so stressed about it all 😩
38ta
GRAMMY Award

Post by 38ta »

For mountview auditions after December it says you will hear by 18th of March.
Cam12345
BRIT Award

Post by Cam12345 »

38ta wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:37 pm For mountview auditions after December it says you will hear by 18th of March.
Thankyou that's super helpful we will keep waiting then 🤣
Cam12345
BRIT Award

Post by Cam12345 »

Does anyone on here have any experience of Royal Scots. DD is very taken with their course as keen on the instrument addition as well. We haven't been and visited but she has self taped for it. It does seem like a fantastic course
Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proseccoplease »

Cam12345 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:50 pm Does anyone on here have any experience of Royal Scots. DD is very taken with their course as keen on the instrument addition as well. We haven't been and visited but she has self taped for it. It does seem like a fantastic course
DS had a degree offer there-he really enjoyed his recall day-also drawn by instrumental side of things. He was really positive about the course and staff. Ultimately he was lucky enough to have other offers he preferred but would have been happy to go there. Have you looked at Royal Welsh? If she liked the music side if things that’s a good one too
Cam12345
BRIT Award

Post by Cam12345 »

Proseccoplease wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:33 pm
Cam12345 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:50 pm Does anyone on here have any experience of Royal Scots. DD is very taken with their course as keen on the instrument addition as well. We haven't been and visited but she has self taped for it. It does seem like a fantastic course
DS had a degree offer there-he really enjoyed his recall day-also drawn by instrumental side of things. He was really positive about the course and staff. Ultimately he was lucky enough to have other offers he preferred but would have been happy to go there. Have you looked at Royal Welsh? If she liked the music side if things that’s a good one too
Thankyou @proseccoplease (love the user name as well -very well needed during this process 🤣

She is a bit of a beginner instrument wise as has been teaching herself piano for about a year so instrument self tape was quite basic but she explained she is a beginner and keen to learn! She is slightly panicking about self tapes now though as she didn't get a GSA recall from self tape. So hard to reassure them as you just don't really know what they are looking for!
She changed her song for GSA following the pre audition course as they loved her song and performance but recommended something within her playing age. She wasn't as confident with it so hoping her other self tapes where she did her original song will be well received but who knows 😩
Will have a look at Royal Welsh and also been thinking about LIPA
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

Is everyone for song choices? I know that was one of the trickiest things as there are so many invisible “don’ts.”
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

Is everyone for song choices? I know that was one of the trickiest things as there are so many invisible “don’ts.”
MelW
Nominee

Post by MelW »

Re mount view - She auditioned just before Christmas and heard back about a week later, although I think they audition in batches and send all results out at once .
Cam12345
BRIT Award

Post by Cam12345 »

Can I ask a potentially stupid question.
DD has an offer for a degree course, she is still a waiting on other places to get back after auditions/self tapes. She doesn't want to miss out on this place so should she accept on UCAS, she also doesn't want to accept and then lose the other options should she get any offers?!
Lollipop1
Nominee

Post by Lollipop1 »

Cam12345 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:37 pm Can I ask a potentially stupid question.
DD has an offer for a degree course, she is still a waiting on other places to get back after auditions/self tapes. She doesn't want to miss out on this place so should she accept on UCAS, she also doesn't want to accept and then lose the other options should she get any offers?!
I’m not completely sure on how the ucas works, that’s DS’s department but does the offer say how long she’s got to accept it? Can she wait a week or so?
Sorry that’s no help, I’m sure someone with more experience will give you a better answer soon

We’re a bit behind the curve, all first rounds and gsa recall coming up in the next few weeks 😬
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

@lollipop, I'm trying to remember, but DS was in this position last year as he got an offer from a UCAS college in early Feb and then didn't hear back from another place until really late. I was very stressed as I thought he would lose the place, but he didn't. UCAS is probably the safest route, as people applying for 'normal' degrees will be holding multiple offers and won't want to firm any until they have heard from them all. I don't think your DD needs to do anything yet, but do check the offer email just in case.
Hilltop
GRAMMY Award

Post by Hilltop »

My DD has been offered MT Foundations at Italia Conti and Bird, and we just wondered what other people’s experiences or knowledge of these two colleges were. IC is funded whereas Bird is not so this is a consideration. She very much wants to get an all round triple threat training. She has some more auditions coming up but it’s looking like it may be a choice between these two foundation courses unless some wildcards come up! She has got offers at D&B and Tiffany’s, but she would prefer to do the foundations as she doesnt feel she’s really received great training at her current 6th form college, so she’s happy to try again next year with a more of a solid base behind her. TIA
2good2hurry
BRIT Award

Post by 2good2hurry »

Hilltop wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:32 pm My DD has been offered MT Foundations at Italia Conti and Bird, and we just wondered what other people’s experiences or knowledge of these two colleges were. IC is funded whereas Bird is not so this is a consideration. She very much wants to get an all round triple threat training. She has some more auditions coming up but it’s looking like it may be a choice between these two foundation courses unless some wildcards come up! She has got offers at D&B and Tiffany’s, but she would prefer to do the foundations as she doesnt feel she’s really received great training at her current 6th form college, so she’s happy to try again next year with a more of a solid base behind her. TIA
Hi Hilltop

Also. Don’t forget SOTE IN Birmingham for a foundation. They have incredible progression to top drama schools and it looks like they are going to be accredited by Rose Bruford as a CertHe which will make it eligible for funding and maintenance as far as I can see.

Have to add my daughter loved her time at SOTE, so very highly recommended
Scotbean
Nominee

Post by Scotbean »

Hi
My daughter is on Italia Conti foundation right now

It’s high contact hours and they seem to cover everything pretty thoroughly

They each get an individual singing lesson each week and maybe she struck lucky but my daughter loves her teacher

Downside is Saturday classes this year so no free weekends. They do mon - Thursday and then a Saturday

Also there are over 100 on the course and they split into groups of 20+ for classes so it can feel a bit like a conveyor belt.

She would recommend it tho.