Stage Mum by Lisa Gee

A place where you can review Books.

Moderator: busybusybusy

wonderland
BRIT Award

Stage Mum by Lisa Gee

Post by wonderland »

Hi all
I think there was a thread on this book a while back but I coudn't find it . I would mention it as it is about a girl who auditions for the sound of music and I thought some of the mum's and girls going to the sound of music tour auditions may particulary enjoy it.
I found it an easy read with humour lots of information about the realities of being involved but also I wasnt expecting was some researched and thought provoking questions relevant to the subject matter.
busybusybusy

Re: Stage Mum by Lisa Gee

Post by busybusybusy »

I think this review was lost when the site upgraded but can thoroughly recommend it....it's a brilliant read :D
Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children.
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Re: Stage Mum by Lisa Gee

Post by francescasmum »

I have just read this and found it very interesting - especially the number of call backs, changes to rehearsals, performances etc, no wonder they usually want them to live close by for these musicals if they re-arrange things at such short notice. I wonder if thiswas because it was the first run or is it like that for each run and the other shows that involve teams of children. I noticed that Adrainna, who was the Gretl who got all the publicity went on to play Cosette and more recently Matilda!