Kittins the musical

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

sophiesocks
OSCAR Award

Kittins the musical

Post by sophiesocks »

Hi I saw a casting call for this on star now and wondered if anyone else had heard of it or had applied for it, since the naturist advert I am slightly paranoid...
halfpint
Nominee

Re: Kittins the musical

Post by halfpint »

Hi, hope the following helps.

Thank you for your interest in Kittins the Musical Audition.

We are currently building a new website which will be available within the next few weeks. Due to this fact, we have altered the end dates for submission of auditions so no one will be disadvantaged.

For further information about the auditions, please email the Kittins Team on; enquiries@kittinsthemusical.com or auditions@kittinsthemusical.com

4 CASTS AND UNDERSTUDY GROUPS PLUS 30 MICE ARE REQUIRED (DANCERS, SINGERS, ACTORS, MUSICIANS, MIME ARTISTS, PERCUSSIONISTS, SKATERS, ACROBATS, HIP HOP, BREAKERS, BOLLYWOOD.) IN 4 REGIONAL CENTRES EUROPE, AMERICAS, ASIA AND AUSTRALASIA.

Payment details: INDUSTRY WAGES AFTER PRE-PRODUCTION
Note: All minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.

Small Fri
Any gender, aged 16 to 30

Bunyip the Mint
Any gender, aged 16 to 30

Mango Milli
Females, aged 7 to 30

Zendirella
Females, aged 7 to 30

Eboni Elle
Females, aged 10 to 30

Olli Mouse
Females, aged 10 to 30

Horti Torti
Females, aged 10 to 30

Kitti Kahuna
Females, aged 16 to 30

White Soul
Males, aged 7 to 30

Seemore Beautiful
Males, aged 16 to 30

MacGuinness the Flint
Males, aged 16 to 40

Jack 0'majori
Jack is an old Irish rat who dances tap, sings and talks in rhymne
Males, aged 17 to 77
sophiesocks
OSCAR Award

Post by sophiesocks »

Thanks I have applied for ds I was wintering if anyone else had applied
orangebear4
GRAMMY Award

Post by orangebear4 »

Does anyone know where this will be performed please?
*Cazzy-Lou*
GRAMMY Award

Post by *Cazzy-Lou* »

The age ranges are a bit ermmmm interesting :/
doris
GRAMMY Award

Post by doris »

The website is working http://kittinsthemusical.com/index.php

All seems slightly odd to me. :-s

THE WORLD HAS BEEN WAITING FOR THIS.

WELCOME TO “KITTINS THE MUSICAL” World wide audition portal, a global internet phenomenon. audition if you have a talent worthy of an audience, you are reading the right page. we are seeking dancers, singers, actors, musicians, orchestra members, percussionists, jugglers, mime artists, acrobats, skaters, bladers etc
and especially multi-skilled performers.
Besides the twelve main characters we are looking for 30 mice in each of our 4 regional centres during the season.
The KITTIN CALL is a world wide audition starting on the internet, in which contestants will be asked to make-up perform and upload their auditions into our VIDEO THEATRE (see thiswebsite) so the world can see you perform in a virtual theatre. Each formal round (for the final few hundred performers selected)for the KITTIN CALL will go on to extended selection including input from the public who will have a chance to vote on a given day.
The panel of judges and online & telephone voting public will decide who will make it through to the next round.
Our panel of judges and guest host will broadcast a live “netavision” spectacular with multiple weekly episodes with the finalists taking part in a mass live audition on the GOLD COAST australia which will be recorded live for television.
the finalists from our 4 global regions;
1.Australasia 2. Europe
3. Asia 4. Americas
…will fly to and stay in on The GOLD COAST Australia, compliments of
DOLPHIN VISIONS STUDIOS.
All contestants (and guardians) must be able to meet personal eligibility requirements for passports and Australian Visas.
Performing artists from our selected finalists, will form the casts and understudy groups performing for the world during the world premiere tour commencing on the GOLD COAST. (see world premiere tour schedule.)

All participants who make it to the first official round regardless of audition result will receive a koupon for a ticket to see …
“KITTINS THE MUSICAL”
… when it plays in your global region. you could take part in the filming and performance of this global sensation.
orangebear4
GRAMMY Award

Post by orangebear4 »

Thanks Doris, don't think we'll bother. Seems too much like hard work to me!
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

I think I've lost the will to live.....
firetail44
Nominee

Post by firetail44 »

I am writing to let you know that this is a real production. The people behind this event have children of their own and are genuine. It is a very large project and I know personally that they are having to wait for the website to be built to the standard which was promised them. This includes important security applications in the upload facility so that children are protected. Out of date information was also not removed by the company contracted the task of building and operating the website so they have been replaced. Due to this fact and the recent severe weather events in Queensland Australia, the project has been delayed. There are four regions planned with the first live show occurring in Australia. Once the new website is complete, auditions will initially be taken via internet submission. The ages shown in the Starnow add are not correct. Children under 16 may apply but must have parental consent and would in general be considered as being cast for the mice. The other main characters are designed for more mature performers and the ages would be more in line with 16-50 year old persons. The musical itself is designed in layers with NO foul language or content not suitable to be viewed by a multi-aged audience, including younger children. This is a very important aspect of the production. It is sad that there are those posting adds or blogs for purposes which would seek to abuse children but I can assure you that Dolphin Visions Studios Pty Ltd (the producers of Kittins The Musical) will play no part in that appalling practise. Anyone inferring such by posts is engaging in a process of defamation.
titania

Post by titania »

I don't often interfere with postings on this site but as a fan of transparency I should point out that in my capacity as admin I am aware that firetail44 is directly linked to the project in some capacity. Draw what conclusion you choose!
Nicola
GRAMMY Award

Post by Nicola »

..and I didn't like the inference by them that commenting negatively about their production is "engaging in a process of defamation". That's not even a thinly-veiled threat!!

The person who brought up the naturist ad only mentioned it because it was as a result of THAT experience, that they were cautious, so to suggest that this comment in any way referred back to the new project in question with threats of potential legal action seems just silly. :roll:
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

I checked. With Oz Speller. Australians seem to have the same spelling for Kittens as the Brits, at least as far as I can tell. Are there any Aussies out there to put me straight? I wonder why they have decided to call it "Kittins"?

I did wonder whether it was along the lines of "Kidz", an attempt to jazz it up in some way.
However, since reading this:

KITTI KAHUNA a long haired golden Persian kittin lives all alone on her mantelpiece, until a vagabond, Irish rat, Jack Majori happens by.

I'm wondering whether it is just that someone neglected to do a spellcheck before the worldwide search for talent.

I really should get a life ;)
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

pg wrote:However, I really should get a life ;)
No don't pg. I love it whan you have time to come on here and post/advise/perform detective work etc etc =D> =D> =D>

Of course I do hope you get some more work soon :oops:

But thanks for all your postings :D
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
janine

Post by janine »

WELL SAID hecouldshine!!!! Was thinking the same thing myself!!
Personally I think Pg should receive government funding (or at least some chocolates!!!)for all the fantastic advice, knowledge & effort put into the posts protecting both actors & us parents , on this site, So while i too hope that you are inundated with fabulously work offers , I hope you always have time for this site as your advice & posts are invaluable .. :D :D
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

mmmmmm. Chocolates! :D
Thank you, I don't deserve it, but thank you! I love NAPM and definitely get as much as I give - if not more.