Youth Music Theatre

Advertisements received about Opportunities for your child to attend workshop courses

Moderator: busybusybusy

Gracey
Nominee

Youth Music Theatre

Post by Gracey »

Does anyone have any experience of the Summer Skills course with Youth Music Theatre? Is it fun, worthwhile, expensive or difficult to get on to ? DS will be 13 in the summer. Is this a good age or are participants usually older? I will contact them for more info but getting a few tips from this site is always so helpful! :)
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Re: Youth Music Theatre

Post by Welsh Mum »

DD did 2 summers with YMT UK and really enjoyed both times. I would recommend them.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
GypsyMumNot!
GRAMMY Award

Post by GypsyMumNot! »

Youngest dd (age 13) also did 2 summer projects with YMT 2009 & 2010 and absolutely had a ball! Projects are 2 weeks and are very expensive plus you have to audition to get in. Summer Skills are only one week as a rule, so are less expensive and there is no need to audition - you just pay your money & thats it!Would recommend, but they are pricey.....
And all that jazz...!
Gracey
Nominee

Post by Gracey »

Thank you thats really helpful :)
ash

Post by ash »

my daugher has done 2 of these and loved them, her skills improved so much as a result
ash

Post by ash »

DD did her audition for production today, loved it and she has improved so much since last year,

I always think its worthwhile just for the experience of a 3 hour audition

Onwards and upwards national Youth Theatre next month
amanda
GRAMMY Award

Post by amanda »

Hey Ash,
My dd auditioned at 1pm today - we might have met!
Livy

Post by Livy »

Hello,

My DD (13) is auditioning for the first time for YMT in February in London. She's been accepted for quite a few things before but I'm worried the competition will be really hard? Any idea how many children get through and how many don't get picked?

Thanks 8-[
ash

Post by ash »

approx 1/3 I think just estimating the figures

they take approx 300 kids a year on productions,

how many get through varies obviously on the number at auditions, most sessions seem to be between 20-30 kids so they audition about 900 or so
GypsyMumNot!
GRAMMY Award

Post by GypsyMumNot! »

Livy wrote:Hello,

My DD (13) is auditioning for the first time for YMT in February in London. She's been accepted for quite a few things before but I'm worried the competition will be really hard? Any idea how many children get through and how many don't get picked?

Thanks 8-[
They audition around 2000 and they pick 300 for their summer projects - website have all the details:

http://www.youthmusictheatreuk.org/pres ... ons2011PR/

Good luck!
And all that jazz...!
Livy

Post by Livy »

Hello,

Just got the letter today and DD is on the reserve list - We thought she would probably get the 'go on a skills course' letter so it was a pleasant surprise as it was her first time for YMT. Has anyone else been on the reserve list and then got into a production? Just wondered what the cut-off date is for the people who have been offered a place so we have some idea of how long it might be before YMT have filled all the places if other people turn it down?

Thanks
Ariel
BRIT Award

Post by Ariel »

Hi

My DS has been offered a place on the 'Out There' project. We had to accept our place by 21/3/11, so hopefully you will hear soon if there are places available.