Kerry Mailey Workshop

Advertisements received about Opportunities for your child to attend workshop courses

Moderator: busybusybusy

truly
Nominee

Kerry Mailey Workshop

Post by truly »

Hello everyone,

Anybody's dd/ds attending Kerry Mailey workshop or know about it? I am just looking for more info about the workshop and what to expect. Thanks.
Rachel_M
GRAMMY Award

Re: Kerry Mailey Workshop

Post by Rachel_M »

Does anyone know how to contact Kerrie about the workshop? As we saw workshops mentioned on her website, and that to find out more details you should email her, but we emailed her about two weeks ago and have heard nothing. Should we email again or phone? Any advice would be appreciated as DD is very eager to do this workshop !
titania

Post by titania »

Please be aware that these workshops are considered nothing more than a money spinner, and there is Industry concern over the clash of interests between someone who is a casting director, and agency and runing workshops.
kittykatty
BRIT Award

Post by kittykatty »

Whilst I do agree with the concerns regarding a conflict of interests and don't see how anyone can be an agent and casting director, I have to say that my dd has done a couple of courses and really enjoyed them. They do games, improvisation, mini scripts, pretend castings etc. At the last one she particularly enjoyed pretending to be the casting director and asking the questions and directing others. She already has an agent and did the course to learn things that will improve her skills and give her more chances of being successful at castings, as well as enjoying herself of course.

I guess the courses may attract people who want to be "discovered" by a CBBC CD ie paying to be seen in which case I can see a concern but on a personal level I can only say that the courses have been worthwhile to my dd.
lilacspanishsun
BRIT Award

Post by lilacspanishsun »

Agree with Kittykatty
Have had three of my kids do Kerrie's workshops and they have had a great time.
They especially loved the three or four day course over the summer last year. They seemed to learn alot and it was good for them to get some insight into how they came across in auditions etc. They met some really lovely children and at the end performed a little scenes of made up scenarios in groups which was brilliant.
They also liked that Kerrie gave them advice on how to improve their audition technique and other helpful hints for castings but more than that they thought it was great fun.
kittykatty
BRIT Award

Post by kittykatty »

I think my dd would have been on the same course last year lilacspanishsun and said everyone was lovely. She was the one who didn't finish the course because
she got offered a small tv role filming in Liverpool which was too good to turn down. Do you know if there is one this summer as never had a reply to either of my emails to Kerrie on the subject.
Kerrie
BRIT Award

Post by Kerrie »

I WILL BE RUNNING AN INTENSIVE DAY COURSE ON 23RD AUG PLEASE EMAIL ME ON kerriemailey81@googlemail.com if you would like any more information x
KERRIE
ActingMad26
GRAMMY Award

Post by ActingMad26 »

Hello Kerrie. I was wondering if you were holding any workshops in half term or any time this year, as I would love to attend. Many Thanks :D
smile :)
cookycrew
GRAMMY Award

Post by cookycrew »

DD attended the 1 day August workshop & loved it! She thought Kerrie was great & she certainly learned a lot during the day. :D :D :D
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

My dd went for an audition with Kerrie on Saturday and really enjoyed it (she didn't realise she wasn't there to enjoy herself :lol: ) Usually she doesn't tell me much about auditions straight away, it comes out in dribs and drabs over the next few days, this time she wouldn't shut up. We went for lunch and it took her an hour to eat it because she kept stopping to talk!
We would certainy be interested in doing the next workshop with Kerrie it she does them for the younger ones.