Agents, Agents, Agents...

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Golightly
BRIT Award

Agents, Agents, Agents...

Post by Golightly »

There are always lots of posts on here asking for advice on agents, who is the "best" etc etc.
Assuming the agent is reputable (and not a fee-demanding dodgy one), I think it's always worth bearing in mind that everyone will have different experiences of every agent. Some will have auditions and success with the agent and so love them, some will never seem to get anything and be unhappy with them.

I think this quote is very useful in summing it up:
And all agents are more or less the same…

…it’s the clients that really differ. There are hot acts and there are cold acts.

What I mean by this – is the same agent who looks after an Oscar winner will also have a raft of clients who can’t get hired – and it’s not the agent’s fault in the same way that the success of the Oscar winner isn’t really to their credit either – because if it were, then all of their clients would be winners.

And not surprisingly, the hot client will be delighted with their agent and the cold client will regard the same agent as bloody hopeless.

Agents are either loved or resented. This is one of the incontrivertible laws of show business.
This is from Dominic Holland's blog. He is a writer and comedian - and also now the father of a successful performing son. Would definitely recommend it.

http://dominicholland.co.uk/
pg
OSCAR Award

Re: Agents, Agents, Agents...

Post by pg »

Brilliant!

Great post Golightly :D