PRESENTING COURSE

Advertisements received about Opportunities for your child to attend workshop courses

Moderator: busybusybusy

RachelYESS
Nominee

PRESENTING COURSE

Post by RachelYESS »

Presenting
Presented by Dave Benson Phillips
Starting 9th September
rachel@yess-stageandscreen.com
yess-stageandscreen.com

On this twelve week course students will be taught the principles of communication with an unseen audience through the camera lens. Throughout the course they will benefit from the vast experience of many special guest tutors, TV Directors and Presenters.

The students will learn how to adapt to and effectively engage with single and multi camera filming across the many different Presenting genres, from News to Music Shows. They will be taught how to write their own scripts and how to adapt the content to suit the content of the programme they are working on.

All YESS tutors are CRB checked and all courses contribute towards gaining a nationally recognised arts award qualification.

The course content includes:
- Professional approach
- Camera skills and tricks of the trade
- Screen technique and confidence building
- Voice - Over training and technique
- Listening and communicating
- Autocue training and sight reading skills
- Interviewing – How to put you interviewee at ease
- Location filming
- Writing links – Context >Process>Structure>Consequence
- Live Television
- Vox Pops
- News reading
- Who’s who on a production or shoot
- Agents and personal managers

All students will be filmed throughout the course and their performances will be analysed for constructive feedback by the class and tutors.

During the last four weeks of the course the students will have the opportunity to demonstrate their new found talents producing a short VT with the “Behind the Scenes” students.
paulears
BAFTA Award

Re: PRESENTING COURSE

Post by paulears »

Can I just say I've worked with Dave on shows in the past and not only is he skilled presenter, he's a really nice genuine bloke - and somebody I would recommend as ideal to run these types of courses. He's great, of course, with kids of all ages - but also communicates well with adults!