Please tell me about NYMT and YMT..

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Re: Please tell me about NYMT and YMT..

Post by Hecouldshine »

Hi Mummyaud and congrats on your first NAPM posting :D

We were new to NYMT auditions as well so I don't know what the usual procedure is, but both boys came out saying the same thing - that they would hear this week. Definitely useful for us provincials as we would have to plan trains/hotels for a recall in London.
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
Mummyaud
BRIT Award

Post by Mummyaud »

Oh would be lovely not to have a long wait. Good luck everyone, do post how you get on.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

DD is off to the YMT audition on Sunday

She is a bit down as she was at a competition on Saturday & didn't do well at all; I just hope class starting this week will motivate her
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

I was sent the link to this today and it made me smile, it is the NYMT 13 production in London last year with my DS in the blue t shirt..
just to give you a flavour of the diversity of NYMT productions...
The choreographer of 13, Drew McOnie, is also choreographing WSS, and he is amazing, he will push dancers to the limit !!
If DS never gets into another production , he will revel in the amazing memories of 13 for ever!! - as will me and his Dad!! :D :D
I wish all your DC's success as I can guarantee they will have the most amazing experiences ever and make contacts and great friends !!!

[-o< [-o< for them all!!

http://youtu.be/SJFFcsk5_VA
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

I'll show that to DD - it might inspire her
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

I really enjoyed watching that riverdancefan. Well done to your ds. He certainly holds his own with the rest =D> =D> =D> Wasn't he the youngest?

riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Hecouldshine wrote:I really enjoyed watching that riverdancefan. Well done to your ds. He certainly holds his own with the rest =D> =D> =D> Wasn't he the youngest?
thank s :D

yes he had turned 12 at the end of July and the production was August, so 11 when cast.. next up was 14, then 15's 16's
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

T was amazing, no wonder I thought he was older, he is such a mature performer for one so young. well done =D> =D>
emilyj08
BRIT Award

Post by emilyj08 »

Hi,

I am 17 years old and am thinking of auditioning this year for NYMT although dont have much time to decide! I am a tad nervous at the amount of time away from home if I was successful although the experience I am sure is worth it! Would you advice me to audition and see what happens then re-consider if it would not work, although doubt that would be likely if i got the chance to be in!

Could i just get some help on: do you get to select which show you audition for and do you have to bring a song, and if so are there any you would advice from any shows similar to what they are doing?

I would appreciate the help please!

Thanks
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

francescasmum wrote:T was amazing, no wonder I thought he was older, he is such a mature performer for one so young. well done =D> =D>
aww thank you :D - he's as tall as me now and I'm not short!! :shock:
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

emilyj08 wrote:Hi,

I am 17 years old and am thinking of auditioning this year for NYMT although dont have much time to decide! I am a tad nervous at the amount of time away from home if I was successful although the experience I am sure is worth it! Would you advice me to audition and see what happens then re-consider if it would not work, although doubt that would be likely if i got the chance to be in!

Could i just get some help on: do you get to select which show you audition for and do you have to bring a song, and if so are there any you would advice from any shows similar to what they are doing?

I would appreciate the help please!

Thanks
I would audition as the process itself is fun, worthwhile and great experience!

Believe me the time away is what the kids rave about, they have a total ball and make so many friends !! - my son was 11 and he loved it, totally loved it!!, although he ate rubbish, (his choice, the food is very good) stayed awake chatting and I am sure didn't shower as much as I would have preferred!! :shock: :shock:

Sing a song you know well and shows your best range, not from the shows as if you get called back you may very well have to do one of the show songs then..

You don't choose your show, they cast you and they really know what they are doing, they never get it wrong and know what show would be best for you ( and them)

I think NYMT are fabulous and I know those who say the same about YMT..both excellent options!!
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

riverdancefan, loved your comment on dds Starnow page, the answer is yes, we'll do a swap! :lol:
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

Well it was a no for ds :( His friend has a recall for WSS which we are very pleased about =D> =D> =D> Turns out ds told them at the audition he just wanted to audition for The Other School - my inner pushymum self is feeling a wee bit frustrated at this ](*,) :shock: #-o :roll: . Still I suppose by knowing his mind at the outset he has saved everyone time, trouble and money!

Good Luck those with a recall and those with first auditions tomorrow and the next 3(?) w/es [-o< [-o< [-o<

begolina
BAFTA Award

Post by begolina »

It was a no for us as well, never mind.... next!!!
lindy7
BRIT Award

Post by lindy7 »

My DD is auditioning for NYMT so could anyone who got through to at least recall stage tell me what songs they auditioned with as have heard they are a bit critical of certains songs being sung?