Casting Director Drama Workshop - York

Advertisements received about Opportunities for your child to attend workshop courses

Moderator: busybusybusy

cookycrew
GRAMMY Award

Re: Casting Director Drama Workshop - York

Post by cookycrew »

Abismum I have sent you a PM re VIP's :-# . Riverdrancefan - I definitely did it for love not money :lol: I tried to keep the costs down to make it affordable to as many as possible. Whilst it would be lovely to meet all you S E NAPM's, it is probably just a little too far for 'lil 'ole me' to venture :-({|= I have noticed another CD workshop on here which looks really exciting :D Anyway, best get my thinking cap on for the next venture :idea: x
begolina
BAFTA Award

Post by begolina »

The other workshop might be exciting but too expensive for me. If you will venture south that is the sort of money I can afford and would be interested :D
cookycrew
GRAMMY Award

Post by cookycrew »

Hi all!

Following on from last years successful workshop, I am delighted to let you know about the potential for another workshop in York lead by Casting Director Jo Adamson-Parker.

I have explained to Jo that parents are keen to be involved and we have discussed some of the topics which you have said you would like to learn more about ie self taping, hints/tips on learning lines, audition technique etc etc etc. With this in mind, we have come up with idea of a drama workshop for the children covering a variety of skills which would run from 10 until 3 followed by a Q&A session for parents & children covering the topics on which you would welcome advice, this would run for approximately 1 hour ie 3pm until 4pm. (These timings are an approximation at the moment).

Age suitability - ideally we would like to have two groups running so we can open it to as broad an age range as possible, although, if we don't get the numbers this may not be viable. An indication of suitability would be around 9 to 12 & 13 to 16 - these are not set in stone, so if your dd/ds doesn't fit into these, please PM me.

The date is Sunday 24th August & the cost would be in the region of £35 per child (please note this includes the parents session ie there is no extra cost for Jo's Q&A session). Of course if we didn't have sufficient numbers, then potentially the cost may change, but we really wouldn't want to be in this position - the places on the workshop we ran together last year filled up quickly, so we are hoping for a similar response.

The venue we are looking at in York is next door to the train station & for parents looking to make the most of their day in York it is a 5 minute walk into the town centre. (If you prefer to do some sightseeing, it is a 5/10 minute walk from the National Railway Museum & York Minster & there are lots of other interesting places to visit). For those travelling by car, we may also be able to get some car parking spaces behind the venue.

It would be great to get an idea of numbers as soon as possible, so please do let me know if you are interested & I can finalise the details with Jo.

(I have messaged Admin about the workshop too)

I welcome any questions & look forward to hearing from you! It would be great to meet some more NAPM's!

Jayne