First commercial audition

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Melaniec123
GRAMMY Award

First commercial audition

Post by Melaniec123 »

Hiya everyone, just a quick question.
DD has her first audition out with her agency tomorrow and as were just starting out, we were wondering is there anything we need to take with us or be aware of before we go?
All help appreciated :)
xebonykissesx
GRAMMY Award

Re: First commercial audition

Post by xebonykissesx »

Others will probably have some different suggestions, but when I went for my first commercial audition I forgot certain measurements! So although they aren't always needed, i'd make sure you have made a list of all of your DD's up to date measurements, and also all of your agencies contact information. Have it all together so you can fill in forms and so all in one go. It probably sounds a bit obvious, but these things sometimes get forgotten.
Also, it depends on the company, but it might be a nice idea to bring some books and snacks and things to keep yourselves occupied if the audition isn't running on time.

Good luck to your DD :)
*The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. Stand your ground for freedom, beauty, truth, and love.* - Moulin Rouge
Panda
GRAMMY Award

Post by Panda »

Ditto to the above. You want to make a good impression so I would arrive early and find the place but DONT go in until 5 or 10 mins before your slot as often the waiting areas are very very small and soon fill up with children and parents. Also not to take other siblings unless you really cant help it. Be prepared for a wait then probably in and out of the room in 5 mins. Don't expect any feedback from the CD, you may get a smile etc when they come out of the room but they wont be giving you a personal rundown of how she has done. All crossed for you, hope she has a great time :lol:
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

Melaniec123 wrote:Hiya everyone, just a quick question.
DD has her first audition out with her agency tomorrow and as were just starting out, we were wondering is there anything we need to take with us or be aware of before we go?
All help appreciated :)
As said, make sure you have uptodate measurement with you,, and take a tape measure in case you miss something out, eg like head, easily done ! They're not always required, but be prepared.
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

Sometimes they ask for availability dates, so check your diary before you go and note down any holidays/commitments you have in the next month. Good luck :D
Melaniec123
GRAMMY Award

Post by Melaniec123 »

Thank you everyone! Youve been a massive help! :D
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

Don't forget to take your sense of humour and a bucket load of patience! These things can be an absolute bear pit - you hang around n a noisy, crowded space for ages then your DC is in and out in 30 seconds flat. :D

My girls have met some very stressed out casting directors, which isn't always conducive to a fun and inspiring experience, so you need to keep it light and perky for your DC. And remember that there is every chance that you'll never hear another word from the audition, so your DC needs to enjoy it for what it is and not get too hung up on whether they get the job or not.

Stay calm, keep smiling and enjoy!

Good luck. Let us know how you get on

Deb x
Melaniec123
GRAMMY Award

Post by Melaniec123 »

Well, after getting lost in london and at one point thinking we wouldnt get there, dd's been recalled for the advert! :)
Thank you everyone for all the help!
jollyjelly
GRAMMY Award

Post by jollyjelly »

Melaniec123 wrote:Well, after getting lost in london and at one point thinking we wouldnt get there, dd's been recalled for the advert! :)
Thank you everyone for all the help!
Well done! hope the recall goes really well for your dd. =D> =D> My ds hasn't done any commercial castings yet, so just out of interest, what was it like, and how many applicants were there?
Melaniec123
GRAMMY Award

Post by Melaniec123 »

jollyjelly wrote: Well done! hope the recall goes really well for your dd. =D> =D> My ds hasn't done any commercial castings yet, so just out of interest, what was it like, and how many applicants were there?
Thank you :D it was hectic, think it was just a shock as it was first audition, there were around 50 children whilst we were there,in and out in 5 minutes and they'd been auditioning all day so hope that gives you an idea
X
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

Well done - to both of you!

Good luck for the recall

Deb x
Melaniec123
GRAMMY Award

Post by Melaniec123 »