Song choice

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

pinky3
GRAMMY Award

Song choice

Post by pinky3 »

Hi - my dd, who is 11, needs to find a slow song for a local talent contest. She has a fast one already, but needs a contrasting one. It's really hard to find one for a solo singer that doesn't have 'grown up' themes. She doesn't really want to sing an MT song. We would really appreciate some ideas please. :?
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Re: Song choice

Post by bruno2 »

If she doesnt like MT what kind of song is she thinking off ? :) What about a Dinsey Song ? :D
pinky3
GRAMMY Award

Post by pinky3 »

Oh she LOVES MT - but she wants to sing a pop song. She sung 'one and only' in the first round, which she smashed (but I'm her mother) and the feedback was that it was too old for her. So she'd like to do something different. Disney songs are great - but is there something in between? :D
Nicola
GRAMMY Award

Post by Nicola »

My DD did "Someone's watching over me" from Raise your voice (sung by Hilary Duff in the movie) - it IS officially Disney I would think, but one of the more teen-based films.
emi's mum
BAFTA Award

Post by emi's mum »

Imagine...John Lennon. Reckon that would suit
A really well. Or Your Song. There are some really nice modern versions of those two and they're not too grown up lyric wise.
pinky3
GRAMMY Award

Post by pinky3 »

Thank you everyone. Very helpful. We will have a listen to all the suggestions. :D
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Post by bruno2 »

Does dd have a classical/folk or moder pop voice :D
pinky3
GRAMMY Award

Post by pinky3 »

Ooh a pop voice I would say - with attitude! :lol:
tillymintflip
GRAMMY Award

Post by tillymintflip »

I was at the under 12's category of TeenStar the other weekend and there was a lot of kids singing Jackson 5 "who's loving you".... slightly odd! David Guetta Titanium was also heavily hit! Loads of Taylor Swift and Emili Sande..... might be worth having a look on their youtube channel at some of the videos cause obviously there's lots of children of a similar age singing solo songs.... their youtube channel is "teenstarcomp" x
xebonykissesx
GRAMMY Award

Post by xebonykissesx »

I think also maybe an old Hilary Duff song might be nice, especially if she has a pop voice with attitude. But for something more 'current' then I think something by Taylor Swift or Katy Perry might be good. Best of luck to your dd :)
*The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. Stand your ground for freedom, beauty, truth, and love.* - Moulin Rouge