BFG film

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

Disney
Nominee

Re: BFG film

Post by Disney »

we had an individual audition about ten days ago for this, seemed like lots of experienced girls were there, think it will be a long process
eleanorrigby66
GRAMMY Award

Post by eleanorrigby66 »

DD's friend was seen at her theatre school. She was asked to do a few improvisations. The CD said it would be a while before anyone heard. Fingers crossed for all being considered!
Last edited by eleanorrigby66 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bettyboo
Nominee

Post by bettyboo »

We are going tomorrow . Don't k ow what to expect .
sophiesocks
OSCAR Award

Post by sophiesocks »

My dd was there today good luck everyone
tikto
GRAMMY Award

Post by tikto »

Huge goodluck to your daughter sophiesocks. A fab opportunity :)
tagmama
GRAMMY Award

Post by tagmama »

Out of curiosity who is casting this one? no good for me as I have a DS but just wondered got this amazing job
Gatesheadangel
GRAMMY Award

Post by Gatesheadangel »

TT posted on facebook a number of their children have recalls.
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

anyone know what the height limit was? age range? from the spotlight brief?

Well done to TT - lots of very talented girls there, must have seen something they liked - good luck if your DD has a recall xx
Mrs.H13
BRIT Award

Post by Mrs.H13 »

CatKat_0 wrote:anyone know what the height limit was? age range? from the spotlight brief?

Well done to TT - lots of very talented girls there, must have seen something they liked - good luck if your DD has a recall xx
I don't think they specified a height limit or age range - from what I saw it was just to say to play age 9 :)

Does anybody know if girls who were seen this week have been recalled yet? My dd was there on Tuesday. I'm thinking it's a no but just curious to see if all the recalls have been made already.

:) xxx
Julie
BRIT Award

Post by Julie »

Quirky Kidz have also posted recalls on facebook
Mrs.H13
BRIT Award

Post by Mrs.H13 »

Julie wrote:Quirky Kidz have also posted recalls on facebook
Arr thanks Julie. Sounds like the first stage may be done then! Good luck to all dd's with a recall :)
frank2000
BRIT Award

Post by frank2000 »

I think they are still looking. My DD came home from school yesterday with a letter saying a talent scout was coming to school next week looking for very talented young girls to audition as Sophie in the Spielberg movie The BFG. The curious thing is my DD school is a normal school with no links, as far as I am aware, to anything dramatic.

Needless to say my DD is very excited at being given the opportunity to be seen by a 'talent' scout.

Anyone offer any advice on what an improv audition involves?
Julie
BRIT Award

Post by Julie »

Hi Frank2000
Basically they are given a scene from the book and asked to act it, without a script. It will really help if she is familiar with the book, and watching the animated movie might help also. The more familiar she is with the story the better, especially understanding the meanings of different words like snozcumbers and whizz poppers etc
Best of luck, and hope she has lots of fun

Julie
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

It is very frustrating when you read posts about talent scouts going into schools where they generally are not interested in acting. It's another S&A.
There are plenty of very talented young girls out there who have dedicated much of their free time to acting and are not getting a chance!
Rant over.
frank2000
BRIT Award

Post by frank2000 »

Thanks Julie, time for DD to dig the book out again!