AUDITION TECHNIQUE AND ACTING SKILLS WORKSHOP - RADA

Advertisements received about Opportunities for your child to attend workshop courses

Moderator: busybusybusy

termdriven
BRIT Award

AUDITION TECHNIQUE AND ACTING SKILLS WORKSHOP - RADA

Post by termdriven »

This Workshop for AUDITION TECHNIQUES AND ACTING SKILLS will be held 10 -5 at RADA STUDIOS -LONDON for ages 7 -25 -£70 for the day.
The ages will be split into groups

Led by David Fielding CD who has cast for BBC, Film, Theatre, - Following the advice given in the workshops last year the students went on to win parts in Doctors, Casualty, Mr Selfridge, Nickleodeon, Film and Theatre.
A practice audition piece will be filmed by Lumino Films and a realistic appraisal will be sent with an un edited copy of the film to the students a few weeks after the event. This is invaluable.

Please look at the recommendations from past pupils and book your place on http://www.luminofilms.co.uk/workshops
David is casting among other things a horror film shortly and Jane from Lumino Films is also casting a feature film Breaking Free.
cupcakephoebz
GRAMMY Award

Re: AUDITION TECHNIQUE AND ACTING SKILLS WORKSHOP - RADA

Post by cupcakephoebz »

Just want to say that David is my drama teacher and you can never go wrong with his lessons! He is an incredible teacher and taught me so much in one year!! If you can go to this I would as it will be well worth the money :)
One day everyone will make it, but for now I'm still waiting http://www.starnow.co.uk/phoebespence1
lollypop
GRAMMY Award

Post by lollypop »

Hi, this sounds fab but my 9 year old DS doesn't have Facebook or Twitter etc so I wonder if the content would go straight over his head. Anyone got any thoughts? 7-16 is quite a wide age range I guess.
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

My 11 year old dd (then 10) went to this last summer and really enjoyed it. She too isn't on twitter or facebook. She found it very useful, informative and great fun. Both David and Jane are friendly, great teachers and put the children at ease whether they are very experienced or have no acting for film/tv credits.
And she got a great little show reel and fabulous feed back.
tagmama
GRAMMY Award

Post by tagmama »

Out of curiosity did these workshops techniques help win auditions? weighing up whether to go for it or not...
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

do you mean get auditions or get the role?
They do discuss head shots, your cv, your 'type' and made a short show reel for each child with monologue and some group work, so that may help to get an audition.
They talk about how different types of casting expect different 'energy', that is you might act more bubbly/animated in a commercial audition than in a serious drama, or how to behave/enter/leave the audition room etc, all which may help you get a role.
Even though dd has heaps of experience she still gained from the experience and took lots of little hits/tips away with her.
But more important I think, is that she undertook an activity where she enjoyed herself, she wasn't bored and she made some friends.
tagmama
GRAMMY Award

Post by tagmama »

Hi thanks for that, I meant win roles by the techniques learnt on the workshop sorry to confuse!
termdriven
BRIT Award

Post by termdriven »

Hi, This is David's last workshop in UK as he will be casting and working in the US very shortly. It is really worth going. IN fact it will be Lumino's last workshop as we are so busy with filming now.
Big new feature film coming up.

I can honestly say that some of the students used the techniques discussed and went on to win parts in Maleficent, Doctors, Casualty, Mr Selfridge, Matilda etc

This is not a magical formula as not every child will have the talent or ability for every role but the fact is this workshop and other like it increase your knowledge on how to best impress Casting Directors
boost confidence and therefore help you actually win roles but don't guarantee it. Nothing can do that!

I am the course runner so some may say she would say that! BUT look at our testimonials they speak for themselves on our web page