Leeds Based Agent

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Leeds Based Agent

Post by Pearl »

Hi asking for a friend who lives near Leeds, she has a 9 year old ds and is looking into getting him into modelling and acting. Can anyone recommend any good agencies in the Leeds area. Thanks
Bring it on!!!
cookycrew
GRAMMY Award

Re: Leeds Based Agent

Post by cookycrew »

There are quite a lot in Leeds, my dd has been at Scalakids for approx 5 years. They are based in Horsforth, their website gives days/times of classes etc. Good luck to your friend, hope they find something suitable. :D
Panda
GRAMMY Award

Post by Panda »

We've seen kids from Rebel Theatre School and Ology at castings
TotallycluelessMum
GRAMMY Award

Post by TotallycluelessMum »

Also Lara Chapman has an agency, Urban Kids casting I think, a few girls from our dance school go there and have had CBBC/advert castings. I think Scala has historically been the big one for kids in the area though.
fartoomuchtodo
GRAMMY Award

Post by fartoomuchtodo »

Does anyone know if Scala insist on kids attending their classes? My DS has a fair CV (CBBC, Radio 4, Disney Channel, theatre etc) but no way I can take him to classes in Leeds. Would like an agent rather than a theatre school.
Kayleighmplatt
BRIT Award

Post by Kayleighmplatt »

I am from Leeds and grew up going to all the theatre schools, acting classes and agencies. IPM is pretty good and I used to go when I was younger and there classes are fun and are in the studios at kirkstall. However you may need to attend the classes to be signed to the agency but I would check there website. The only other agency I can think of in Leeds which hasn't being mentioned is Broad Acting Management.
From my experience with castings in the north I recommend a Manchester based agency such as Scream talent. Or ones which cast in Manchester such as Mark Jermin, Top Talent, Bonnie and Betty.
cookycrew
GRAMMY Award

Post by cookycrew »

As far as I know, you do have to attend the classes to be on the agency. I would recommend giving them a call to chat through. Good luck :D