Agency Audition Help

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

ammdxx
BRIT Award

Agency Audition Help

Post by ammdxx »

Hello,

I know there are already a lot of topics on this, but just wanted some advice and wanted to see what others would do in my situation :)

I have been approached my Scream Management to audition for their books, and the process would include me having to change agents, and they have told me to tell them some dates that I am available because I will have to go down to Media City UK to meet them. I live in West London so this journey would be about 3-4 hours for me and I'd have to find a day to go.

Is this a normal procedure from them, has anyone ever been in a similar situation and gone about it differently?

I know they are a great agency and I would love to meet them, I just don't want to go all that way for a no!
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Re: Agency Audition Help

Post by Flosmom »

Any agent worth their salt would want to meet you. And you are quite right that it's a long way to go for a possible 'no', but isn't that the world we're in? Every audition can be a long way to go, with a high probability of a 'no'.

I see that you live in West London, so perhaps you have been lucky enough to have more auditions close to home? For anyone outside London, a 3-4 hour journey for an audition could be normal.

So you have to ask yourself whether you are really interested in this opportunity and, if they take you on and you are called to audition for parts that are outside London, would you be prepared to put the time and travel in, at risk of a 'no'? If not, then don't waste their time and yours and stick with your current agent.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Deb x
shelman
Nominee

Post by shelman »

ammdxx wrote:I have been approached my Scream Management to audition for their books... I live in West London so this journey would be about 3-4 hours for me and I'd have to find a day to go.
Hiya, I'm in a very similar position! I have been offered an audition with them but live in North London so to get there will not only take a long time but will also cost a lot! - Think I am going to do it though as I feel like I should take the opportunity.

What have you decided to do? When's your audition? :)
tracie
BRIT Award

Post by tracie »

If you are in London I am sure there will be some very good agencies, It is a long journey up to Manchester and if you get taken on they will want you to come for headshots and maybe workshops. I would stay South if I was you.