Auditioning for 2022 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

2good2hurry
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2022 entry

Post by 2good2hurry »

mrs_lovett wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:49 am My daughter has just heard- she'd only applied for foundation and got her place which we are thrilled with as it's the only fully funded foundation that we found and she absolutely loved her audition, she thought everyone was so friendly! 😁 good luck for everyone else waiting and start checking emails!!
Congratulations to your DD. DD also offered foundation. Now some decisions to be made :)
2good2hurry
BRIT Award

Post by 2good2hurry »

Just wondering if anyone knew the progression successes were for GSA Foundation? Or any other foundation successes. Trying to weigh up which is best to get onto best degree programs.

Elle’smom
BRIT Award

Post by Elle’smom »

We just beginning to think about Uniform and had forgotten until I went to the Dancia International website. If you go to one of their stores and take your offer letter you get 15% discount which does make a massive difference when you are having to upgrade character shoes etc.
They were the recommended retailer for Read and I have to say the staff at the Crowthorne branch were really helpful.

DD is in the midst of final assessments for her OCR performance this week and unit 12 next week then preparation for showcase begins - my whole family is coming to watch and we will just have a massive box of tissues not just for DD, but I have got to know all 8 of them over the 2 years so can’t wait to see the show.
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

2good2hurry wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:21 pm Just wondering if anyone knew the progression successes were for GSA Foundation? Or any other foundation successes. Trying to weigh up which is best to get onto best degree programs.

Have any offers for a foundie place been made yet?
2good2hurry
BRIT Award

Post by 2good2hurry »

lotsolaffs wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:05 am
2good2hurry wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:21 pm Just wondering if anyone knew the progression successes were for GSA Foundation? Or any other foundation successes. Trying to weigh up which is best to get onto best degree programs.

Sorry. No. DD is thinking about applying. She has two foundation offers but looking at others.
mrs_lovett
GRAMMY Award

Post by mrs_lovett »

lotsolaffs wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:05 am

I'm not sure they have, my dd applied fairly soon after applications opened, she sent in her tapes about 5 or 6 weeks ago but has not heard back yet unless anyone else has heard?
Apple
Nominee

Post by Apple »

Hi all, my dd is on the reserve lists for GSA and Urdang - does anyone know if would she automatically be considered for their foundation courses? She is still waiting to hear back from Central but has no firm offers yet so thinking we need to look at foundations asap!
daffodilbutterfly
Nominee

Post by daffodilbutterfly »

Hi when did your daughter get put on the Urdang reserve list as my daughter did a recall a week last Sunday and still hasn’t heard ?
Apple
Nominee

Post by Apple »

daffodilbutterfly wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:12 pm Hi when did your daughter get put on the Urdang reserve list as my daughter did a recall a week last Sunday and still hasn’t heard ?
She auditioned in early Feb and got an email about two days later saying she was on the reserve list (without a recall) so we are not sure what her chances are of getting a place!
daffodilbutterfly
Nominee

Post by daffodilbutterfly »

Thank you .. and good luck to your daughter . I think it’s always a good idea to apply separately if interested I the foundations .. it seems to be done separately and not automatic .
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

Hi my DD was on the GSA foundation in 2021 and is now in the first year on the degree. She was one of 5 girls in her foundation year to be offered the degree out of 20 girls. This year I believe only one girl has been offered so far but they are only looking for 8 girls overall so it's been tough this year. Foundation courses can be a great way to get onto a degree at a school as they get to know you. Hope that helps :D
Apple
Nominee

Post by Apple »

daffodilbutterfly wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:02 pm Thank you .. and good luck to your daughter . I think it’s always a good idea to apply separately if interested I the foundations .. it seems to be done separately and not automatic .
Thanks & good luck to your daughter too ~ I’m finding the whole process so stressful!
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

Apple wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:48 pm Hi all, my dd is on the reserve lists for GSA and Urdang - does anyone know if would she automatically be considered for their foundation courses? She is still waiting to hear back from Central but has no firm offers yet so thinking we need to look at foundations asap!
Hi, I am not sure about Urdang but I know at GSA they sometimes offer a place for the foundation during the interview stage for the degree. I would give them a call and ask as I don't think they move applicants from reserve to foundation, your DD would probably have to apply separately. I am not 100% sure if applications are still open but its definitely worth a chat with someone there! Good luck.
2good2hurry
BRIT Award

Post by 2good2hurry »

MTDreams wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:26 pm

Hi my DD was on the GSA foundation in 2021 and is now in the first year on the degree. She was one of 5 girls in her foundation year to be offered the degree out of 20 girls. This year I believe only one girl has been offered so far but they are only looking for 8 girls overall so it's been tough this year. Foundation courses can be a great way to get onto a degree at a school as they get to know you. Hope that helps :D
Thank you! That’s really helpful. X
Apple
Nominee

Post by Apple »

MTDreams wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:40 pm [quote=Apple post_id=263635 time=<a href="tel:1651510130">1651510130</a> user_id=101633]
Hi all, my dd is on the reserve lists for GSA and Urdang - does anyone know if would she automatically be considered for their foundation courses? She is still waiting to hear back from Central but has no firm offers yet so thinking we need to look at foundations asap!
Hi, I am not sure about Urdang but I know at GSA they sometimes offer a place for the foundation during the interview stage for the degree. I would give them a call and ask as I don't think they move applicants from reserve to foundation, your DD would probably have to apply separately. I am not 100% sure if applications are still open but its definitely worth a chat with someone there! Good luck.
[/quote]

Thank you I might give them a call & check!