Auditioning for 2024 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Cam12345
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2024 entry

Post by Cam12345 »

K8t wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:38 pm Hope everyone got on okay. Still waiting to hear on GSA foundation.

Have had nothing back from Italia Conti self tape either, apart from acknowledgement, has anyone else?

Emailed Rose Bruford checking they received the UCAS application as she’s had nothing from them either, but they haven’t replied!

Personally I think it’s appalling that they just can’t acknowledge or let people know if they’ve not been successful rather than keeping them hanging.

Have you chased GSA? My daughters friends have had outcomes from recalls might be worth dropping them an email, might be a positive sign to not have had a rejection 🤞🏻
Is it Conti MT self tapes? My daughter submitted 14/01 and heard back 16/02 if that helps?

It's such a tricky process with all the waiting around 😩
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

K8t wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:38 pm Hope everyone got on okay. Still waiting to hear on GSA foundation.

Have had nothing back from Italia Conti self tape either, apart from acknowledgement, has anyone else?

Emailed Rose Bruford checking they received the UCAS application as she’s had nothing from them either, but they haven’t replied!

Personally I think it’s appalling that they just can’t acknowledge or let people know if they’ve not been successful rather than keeping them hanging.
Unfortunately it's been that way since self tapes became a 'thing' due to the pandemic. They have more 1st applications because you are 'just' paying the audition fee (if applicable) rather than also the travel and overnight accommodation costs. Then there's no more staff than there previously was but they have to find time to go through all the applications/taped auditions.
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

K8t, I hope your dd hears back with good news soon, 🤞 for her. I just had a quick look on the Rose Bruford website and it says their BA acting is being delivered at their Wigan campus in Manchester, is that right?! That’s something I wasn’t aware of and I believe neither was dd! I’ll have to ask her when she gets in, but I wasn’t expecting that. Am I missing something?!
LizzyBee
BRIT Award

Post by LizzyBee »

Ditzi wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:17 pm K8t, I hope your dd hears back with good news soon, 🤞 for her. I just had a quick look on the Rose Bruford website and it says their BA acting is being delivered at their Wigan campus in Manchester, is that right?! That’s something I wasn’t aware of and I believe neither was dd! I’ll have to ask her when she gets in, but I wasn’t expecting that. Am I missing something?!
They took on the ALRA students when it went under and that was the Wigan cohort. Ba acting is still at sidcup campus I’m sure.
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

Thanks LizzyBee, I panicked for a moment! I haven’t looked on the website since last year, I think I clicked on the wrong course. I only realised after I posted on here 😅
Sahara
BRIT Award

Post by Sahara »

Is anyone still waiting for an outcome from Trinity Laban for MT? We’ve heard of others getting offers and rejections this week, but DD still not heard anything.
Cam12345
BRIT Award

Post by Cam12345 »

Sahara wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:04 pm Is anyone still waiting for an outcome from Trinity Laban for MT? We’ve heard of others getting offers and rejections this week, but DD still not heard anything.
Have you checked UCAS conservatoires page as I think it was just an update on their with either offer or reject. No emails as far as I've heard
Sahara
BRIT Award

Post by Sahara »

Cam12345 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:15 pm
Sahara wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:04 pm Is anyone still waiting for an outcome from Trinity Laban for MT? We’ve heard of others getting offers and rejections this week, but DD still not heard anything.
Have you checked UCAS conservatoires page as I think it was just an update on their with either offer or reject. No emails as far as I've heard
Yes she has checked CUCAS and no update.
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

Ditzi wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:50 pm Thanks LizzyBee, I panicked for a moment! I haven’t looked on the website since last year, I think I clicked on the wrong course. I only realised after I posted on here 😅
BA Acting is definitely still delivered at Sidcup. BA Actor Training is delivered in Wigan. As said this is from when they took over the Alra students when that drama school closed.

https://www.bruford.ac.uk/study/undergraduate-courses/
MelW
Nominee

Post by MelW »

The frustration continues. It's been 3 weeks since my DD auditioned at Wilkes. She loved it and is now her top choice but still not heard back . She knows that rejections and wait list are done via e-mails and offers are by post , but she's had neither . I'm sure she was told 10 days for a decision . Has anyone got any idea of how long they have been taking?? I'm hoping no news is good news but wondering how long to wait until we email for an update . The main issue is that she has a conti recall soon and probably won't go if she's got into Wilkes 😩
MelW
Nominee

Post by MelW »

H
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

MelW wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:06 pm The frustration continues. It's been 3 weeks since my DD auditioned at Wilkes. She loved it and is now her top choice but still not heard back . She knows that rejections and wait list are done via e-mails and offers are by post , but she's had neither . I'm sure she was told 10 days for a decision . Has anyone got any idea of how long they have been taking?? I'm hoping no news is good news but wondering how long to wait until we email for an update . The main issue is that she has a conti recall soon and probably won't go if she's got into Wilkes 😩
I would maybe drop them an email or give them a call, they’re such a friendly college. My dd graduated from Wilkes last year and whilst I know things may have changed since she went there, it was only around 10 days between auditioning and receiving her offer letter, so maybe yours has been lost in the post? I’m sure they wouldn’t mind you asking, especially if she was told 10 days and it’s been 3 weeks xx
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

MelW - Have you checked junk/spam folder if offer was going to be by email? My friend's daughter auditioned at several places around a month ago and got offers from Bird & Peformers and waiting lsit Wilkes. She's decided to take Bird, so considering length of time you've been waiting, a polite query I think would be fine.
Lollipop1
Nominee

Post by Lollipop1 »

How’s everyone doing?

@38ta how did DC get on at GSA? Mine enjoyed the day and loved discovering a load of friends of friends!

@MelW any news from Wilkes, I would be tempted to give them a poke too, although no news is hopefully good news!

It was a no from GSA, which he was fine about, he left his heart at Urdang and has accepted their offer, Eeeeekkk 😬 I’m glad that bits over, on to the next stress and worry 😂😂

He did say that having originally thought if he didn’t get urdang or gsa he’d try again next year, having done the performers (Birmingham) audition he would have gone there if he hadn’t got urdang - and not just because he loved his years of being taught by Adam Scown who’s their new head of jazz, he liked how hard they were pushed in the audition, the studios, the vibe, everything
38ta
GRAMMY Award

Post by 38ta »

Lollipop1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:58 pm How’s everyone doing?

@38ta how did DC get on at GSA? Mine enjoyed the day and loved discovering a load of friends of friends!

@MelW any news from Wilkes, I would be tempted to give them a poke too, although no news is hopefully good news!

It was a no from GSA, which he was fine about, he left his heart at Urdang and has accepted their offer, Eeeeekkk 😬 I’m glad that bits over, on to the next stress and worry 😂😂

He did say that having originally thought if he didn’t get urdang or gsa he’d try again next year, having done the performers (Birmingham) audition he would have gone there if he hadn’t got urdang - and not just because he loved his years of being taught by Adam Scown who’s their new head of jazz, he liked how hard they were pushed in the audition, the studios, the vibe, everything
Hi there- he really enjoyed the day. I think him and your son were partnered for something in the dance and said they were great lol. I also think they are at the same party next Saturday!

He got an offer to have a call for the foundation which he considered doing. But he absolutely loved his audition at Royal Welsh and has been offered a place there which he accepted last week. He’s absolutely buzzing- it’s only 18 on the course and a good focus on acting which is what he wants. He was torn between applying for MT and Acting so this is the perfect balance :-)

Huge congratulations to your son on accepting his Urdang offer. Exciting times ahead for them both and we can have a large wine and chill ( for a bit anyway!).

Best of luck to everyone else still in the process - it’s tough for them and us. X